Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model Y LR Steering Wheel Shakes.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've owned my 2021 Model Y LR for two and a half years now and while this problem has existed since the day I picked up the car, it has never been this bad. At speeds above 65 miles an hour, my steering wheel starts to shake and you can feel the car start to shake as well. I've balanced and rotated my tires over and over again but the problem never fully goes away. I took a trip to NY and the shaking was REALLY annoying. I have a service appointment tomorrow to see what the cause may be but has anyone else experienced this?

I cannot stress this enough. Go to a german OEM for a Hunter balance. Discount tire deals with Hyundais and 2007 Civics all day. The employee doing your balance does not have the pay/care/finesse to do a proper job. True road force balancing means match mounting, where they'll rotate the tire on the rim to counteract both the tire and wheel imbalances against each other. Have you ever seen the process of mounting a max performance tire to a wheel? It's quite difficult. I highly doubt Discount Tire went through the trouble of match mounting your tires.