Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model Y Owners: “Which OEM Tire came on your car?”

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve heard that Tesla is installing Goodyear tires rather than the Continentals on new 2021 Model Y’s. I do not know if there is any truth to this rumor. It would be nice to know.

So ... how about all you new 2021 Model Y owners let us know which tire came on your new car. Please post up the tire brand and model. Thanks!

F1CA76CE-ED9D-46BF-BE1E-EE9A2E190C97.png

Thanks all for posting ... also, everyone please post what size wheel your Y came with. I wonder if 19’s come with the Continentals and the other sizes come with Goodyear’s.

I had heard that the 19’s were now being footed with Goodyear’s and wondering if anyone with 19’s has any other tire installed besides the Continentals. Rumors are just rumors until proven otherwise.

I’ve heard that Tesla is installing Goodyear tires rather than the Continentals on new 2021 Model Y’s. I do not know if there is any truth to this rumor. It would be nice to know.

So ... how about all you new 2021 Model Y owners let us know which tire came on your new car. Please post up the tire brand and model. Thanks!
20” came with Goodyear F1

my 2021 Y came with Goodyear Eagle Asymmetric 5 20 inch tires

2022 MY LR 19 inch (China built ) Portuguese market…
I was disappointed to discover it came with Hankook tyres. I even moaned extensively to the staff in Lisbon on delivery day.

However I’ve since changed my opinion! Incredible grip even in wet conditions. They also show no signs of wear after 10K (km) !
When I replace them, I’ll definitely stick with the same tyre.

2022 MY LR 19 inch (China built ) Portuguese market…
I was disappointed to discover it came with Hankook tyres. I even moaned extensively to the staff in Lisbon on delivery day.

However I’ve since changed my opinion! Incredible grip even in wet conditions. They also show no signs of wear after 10K (km) !
When I replace them, I’ll definitely stick with the same tyre.
That’s actually pretty impressive. Tealas (and EVs in general) are heavy and have a lot of torque. Both of these put a lot of wear on tires. Getting a rubber compound that provides good grip and good wear for EVs is a tall order.

Reactions: Stuart Watson