Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 MSP TACC Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Fazooley

Supporting Member
Jan 9, 2023
NYC
Hey guys.. Quick question I'm hoping someone can answer for me. I have a 2021 MSP with FSD that just went into the SC for them to fix some cameras and some other stuff. Anyways they gave me a M3LR as a loaner and I'm on the highway today and activated AP.. After a while I thought I deactivated it, however the car was still keeping speed without me using the gas and going faster/slower keeping up with traffic. I assume this is TACC, now the reason I have no idea is because I have never seen this with my MSP. Is this function active and does it work the same way on the MSP? I have single click activation, and was thinking maybe thats why? On the M3 it seems one click is TACC, and 2 clicks is AP. Just theorizing here as I know someone will have the answer, or maybe this doesn't work on our cars and its a M3 thing?

Thanks in advance

Yes - your Model S will have TACC. In my 2019, it is activated by moving the AP stalk up or down. Two pulls forward engages AP/FSD. I assume it's the same in the new Model S but as you have single click enabled, not sure how it would activate.

One thing I have found with the MY (which requires three down pushes of the stalk to engage AP, is that it is *very* easy to trigger rainbow road.

Last edited:
Yes - your Model S will have TACC. In my 2019, it is activated by moving the AP stalk up or down. Two pulls forward engages AP/FSD. I assume it's the same in the new Model S but as you have single click enabled, not sure how it would activate.

One thing I have found with the MY (which requires three down pushes of the stalk to engage AP, is that it is *very* easy to trigger rainbow road.
I think when I get this car back I'll change it to 2 presses to activate, and check if 1 presses activates TACC

Engaging AP should only require two down pushes of the gear stalk on the MY (if you’re already in drive) — that’s how my M3 works.

On an MS with an AP stalk, one pull forward engages TACC, two pulls engage AP.

Engaging AP should only require two down pushes of the gear stalk on the MY (if you’re already in drive) — that’s how my M3 works.

On an MS with an AP stalk, one pull forward engages TACC, two pulls engage AP.
I have a MSP so no gear stalks, and the AP is set to 1 press. I think i need to change it to 2 presses, and see if 1 press activates TACC. It completely tripped me out when i thought i was deactivating the AP in the M3 and it continued to drive without me pushing the pedal lol

I have a MSP so no gear stalks, and the AP is set to 1 press. I think i need to change it to 2 presses, and see if 1 press activates TACC. It completely tripped me out when i thought i was deactivating the AP in the M3 and it continued to drive without me pushing the pedal lol

Bingo. Set it to 2 presses and it behaves the same as the Model 3. 2 presses is the way to go because sometimes you just want TACC and you can only do that with the 2 press setting.

Reactions: Fazooley