Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 tesla model 3 water leak underneath the passenger compartment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2021 M3LR.
After the heavy rain in the Bay Area last week. I found there were water drips from underneath the passenger compartment. Wondering where the water is coming from.

Rain is water falling from the sky, so that's where it came from... the sky.

When it rains, water will collect all over on the outside of a car, and then drip out under the car after being parked.

Yes, the snark here is quite intentional. Your description of the problem is comically vague.

If it's water inside the passenger compartment, it's usually the sealant holding the windshield in place on most cars. Though on a Model 3, it could be any of the roof glass pieces or windshield. Water can travel a long winding path once it's inside the passenger compartment, but my guess would be the windshield.

This happened to me today, I took my 2023 Tesla Model 3 to the car wash and water began leaking underneath the glove box into the carpet and passenger side floor

I took video of this and scheduled a service appointment with Tesla

I also have the same problem. I have a 2023 M3 & had it car washed yesterday. As soon as I left, I saw water dripping underneath the glove compartment. When it was raining last month, thats the first time I saw pool of water on the carpet at the passenger side. I will call Tesla SC today to make an appointment.

If they have any advice on what to do, please share. Thanks

My wife noticed water dripping on her feet yesterday on the passenger side of her 2023 Model Y, especially during a turn when I was driving. When she put her hand under the glovebox area it was all wet. She doesn’t usually sit there, so not sure how long it’s been going on. Has anyone had any answers on this since this thread was started? Service visit narrow it down or solve it?

Last edited: