Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 vs 2022 (December EDD)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I currently have an EDD of 12/1-12/21 for a MYLR that was placed on 8/4. I'm considering placing it on hold for a 2022 model year. Other than the satisfaction of having the car a month early, what are some downsides? If anything, the resale value on the newer a year will be much better with a little bit of patience.

Thanks

Last month I asked a SA the same question and she said the model year is determined by the year the car is produced or as she said the year the car is born. This has never been the truth the past few years especially last year when September 2020 delivered Model 3 were all 2021 models so I don't think she's knows what she is talking about.

Reactions: WADan
Last month I asked a SA the same question and she said the model year is determined by the year the car is produced or as she said the year the car is born. This has never been the truth the past few years especially last year when September 2020 delivered Model 3 were all 2021 models so I don't think she's knows what she is talking about.
The people in this forum, by virtue of tribal knowledge, know a lot more than a typical Tesla SA!

Reactions: Sludog