Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022.40.4.1 - Light Settings - Mini Card Menu

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed the following "Light Settings" Mini Card Menu when I am entering in my Model 3.
This Mini Card Menu disappears after few seconds, I cannot find a way to get it popping again.
I have the 2022.40.4.1 Software Update.

When was this menu added to a Software Update? And how to make it visible again?

2022.40.4.1 - Mini Card Lights Menu .jpg

Flashing the high beams or switching on auto high beams will pop up that mini panel.

Edit: Yes, these two panels go away quickly. The trick is to tap the stalk with one finger of a hand that's holding the steering wheel and have the other hand braced on the bottom of the screen ready to operate the mini panel. Is this a video gamer skill? I had to learn it on TMC.

I didn't know the headlights-on and auto-headlights-on safety indicators are tappable. Any others?

Ah. I tried that once and it didn't work. Maybe I missed the hit target at 60 MPH. Also I didn't remember whether it's a tap or long press. Easier to use the scroll wheel.
It depends on how far you want/need to change the max speed and how fast you need to do it. When turning off a divided highway on my way home, my car thinks the speed limit is 45 mph in a 30 mph zone with a sharp corner. Being able to tap/press to bring the max speed down to my current speed of 25 mph is a great help.

• Helpful
Reactions: Transformer