Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 Model 3 Flashing Hazard Lights when driving off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just did the update to 2024.2.3 but I've had this issue for about a month (I think about 3 updates ago).

When I leave the car, it flashes the lights once when it locks- as normal.

When I arrive at the car and open the door using phone as a key, it makes the pleasant "ding ding" sound but the lights don't flash. They end up flashing about 15 seconds after you put the car in drive and start moving, which sometimes is in traffic or when using the turn signal etc.

If you use the key card with phone bluetooth off, it will flash as soon as you swipe the card on the B pillar, but it will flash the lights a second time as soon as you put your foot on the brake.

Not sure if this is a known bug or if I'm just a lucky guy.

Things I've tried: two button reset, power down in menu and wait 2.5min then restart, remove phone key, then re-add.

Definitely weird. Do you know if the exterior lights are actually flashing while driving?

I didn’t think the lights are supposed to flash when you open the car, although Sentry Mode will flash when you approach.
Yes they do actually flash.. if I unlock it with the key card they flash immediately, it's just the phone as key makes it delay the unlock flash.