Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 M3 - no text messages with S21

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the car I have enabled "Sync Messages" and "Chime on New Message" for this phone under Bluetooth settings. On the phone, "Message Access" is enabled. I've unpaired and re-paired multiple times. Re-booted the Tesla computer. All other Bluetooth functions work fine, including contact syncing. I have a 2022 Ram truck and it gets messages after simply pairing with the same phone. What else can I try to fix this?

Reactions: SlimJim
How many characters is your phone 'bluetooth device name' (when seen as a bluetooth device)?
Try and make the name short and dont use any special characters. The default value is not great for some bluetooth pairings. Say something like 'MyS21'

Another thing to try is to reset your Android network settings (it will delete all pairings, forget wifi networks/passwords, etc). Might be worth a short after and if the bluetooth device rename doesnt help.

Also make sure nanny-Android 12/13 hasnt revoked some of the permissions needed by the Tesla app. Add them back and disable removing them if unused for the Tesla and Messenger apps (default behavior).

• Helpful
Reactions: jjrandorin
In the car I have enabled "Sync Messages" and "Chime on New Message" for this phone under Bluetooth settings. On the phone, "Message Access" is enabled. I've unpaired and re-paired multiple times. Re-booted the Tesla computer. All other Bluetooth functions work fine, including contact syncing. I have a 2022 Ram truck and it gets messages after simply pairing with the same phone. What else can I try to fix this?
Delete Samsung email.

Delete Samsung email

I am have the same issue. Did you ever get this working?