Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3, Android & bluetooth, message sounds

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For a few months my Galaxy S21 is not making sounds when I get text and emails. It also does not click when I type. I am 1000% sure I have all setting correct. I have researched this extensively. I suspect my phone is trying to send sounds to my M3. I have turned bluetooth on my phone on and off and airplane mode. Dozens of times over several week. I cannot duplicate the problem so I am trying to narrow down what is causing the problem. My phone vibrates but no sound.

Is anyone else having an issue with sounds on the G21 for incoming text and emails?

Is it only text message and email sounds that don’t work on your phone? The phone should not be trying to send email sounds to the car ever, so that’s probably not the issue.

Any chance you accidentally enabled vibrate mode on your phone? I have an iPhone, not a Samsung, but the iPhone has a physical switch to enable vibrate mode, in addition to the various notification/sound settings. Also, reboot your phone if you haven’t already.

It has been like that for years. Google released an update that mutes the phone when connected to a car in an attempt to prevent distracted driving.

Apple also introduced something similar a little later.

Anyone else? I am still 95% sure it is a software issue from Tesla. I just noticed when I reboot my phone for a minute or two everything works fine then silence. When I am in my tesla it gets sounds correctly. I turn of bluetooth and still have the issue.