Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Messages with no contacts in 2023.44.30.5.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

rbcopod

‘22 MYLR MSM FSD
Oct 28, 2021
South Florida
In the holiday update the messages app now appears with no direct links at the top for favorites or contacts. One must go to the phone and access the contact there in either favorites or contacts to initiate a text. I think this is a step back in functionality and am hoping that a future update could restore this useful feature. Anyone else frustrated by this?

In the holiday update the messages app now appears with no direct links at the top for favorites or contacts. One must go to the phone and access the contact there in either favorites or contacts to initiate a text. I think this is a step back in functionality and am hoping that a future update could restore this useful feature. Anyone else frustrated by this?
Yes, I have the same problem. I tried a lot of things but can't fix it. Very frustrating. It began right after an update. Any suggestions?

Reactions: rbcopod
I generally use voice commands for sending messages, but I think removing the link was a bad move. This may also be a bug. In the past if I said “messages”, it would open the phone app on the contacts tab. Now “messages” will open the messages app, unless the phone app is active.

Reactions: rbcopod
I generally use voice commands for sending messages, but I think removing the link was a bad move. This may also be a bug. In the past if I said “messages”, it would open the phone app on the contacts tab. Now “messages” will open the messages app, unless the phone app is active.
Quick question. Whose driving the car while your sending messages?