Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Model 3 Insurance upped from $100 to $187 per month - Allianze

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
HI all,

When I purchased the vehicle last year, $100 per month seemed to be the going rate for most insurance companies. Fast forward to this week, I was billed $187 instead of our usual $100, and when I looked into it, this was our new comprehensive rollover. No faults, no claims, and no accidents over that year either.

I looked at other companies, who were even more expensive, some even $100 more ($300 per month).

Why, and does anyone else have any recommendations?

Thank you

HI all,

When I purchased the vehicle last year, $100 per month seemed to be the going rate for most insurance companies. Fast forward to this week, I was billed $187 instead of our usual $100, and when I looked into it, this was our new comprehensive rollover. No faults, no claims, and no accidents over that year either.

I looked at other companies, who were even more expensive, some even $100 more ($300 per month).

Thank you
You just have to hunt around and find the insurer that wants the business this month. There is no single perfect insurer

Reactions: Maximillan
There are a number of threads on this Forum talking about insurance for Teslas. Tap the magnifying glass symbol at the top of the page to do a search. Suggest you select this forum to keep it local and select the option to search titles only to limit the number of results of which there are many.

Reactions: B3AU
HI all,

Thank you
I’m in Canada and I pay $ $1550/year. It sucks

One thing you can try and do is call your insurance back and ask them if they changed the estimated milleage driven. Some insurance companies (unless you report milleage) will do an automatic milleage increase which will also increase your insurance rate. If you can confirm low miles driven, you might be able to have them dial back this increase if something like this was included in the increase. We've caught our insurance company multiple times doing this.