Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Model X Plaid. $160,000. Black/Black, 6 seater, 22” wheels. Bay Area.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll never understand the stigma of making a profit on a car. It's a Tesla! Not a Chevy Sonic. Folks act like there's a mad scramble for cars so people can feed their kids. I hope you make $20k or more. I guess it's okay for Elon to raise his prices for profit, but shame on you.
Thanks, I agree. But also, I’m not actually trying to make a profit. I think I’m misunderstood. I’m not making trying to make any profit, I’m just trying to get what I paid. The car was $135k, and the sales tax/registration fees, etc. was almost $15k. So $150k total. I made a bad decision taking delivery of the car, and now I’m just trying to walk away for as little loss as possible (which I figured wouldn’t be hard since anyone trying to buy it now will have to wait and pay more, but I guess I was wrong about that too).

Thanks, I agree. But also, I’m not actually trying to make a profit. I think I’m misunderstood. I’m not making trying to make any profit, I’m just trying to get what I paid. The car was $135k, and the sales tax/registration fees, etc. was almost $15k. So $150k total. I made a bad decision taking delivery of the car, and now I’m just trying to walk away for as little loss as possible (which I figured wouldn’t be hard since anyone trying to buy it now will have to wait and pay more, but I guess I was wrong about that too).
You're not misunderstood. You want someone else to reimburse you your cost of the car, sales tax, and DMV fees. What gets me is the complaining about having to pay more for something that's over a year waitlist, to get it now. You shouldn't have to feel guilty and explain yourself. You want $160k for your car. Buy it, don't buy it, who cares. Again, it's a luxury item, not a necessity.

Basically brand new. It’s an amazing car, but it’s just not for me (not at this time at least). Currently has 200 miles, but it’ll go up a bit as this is my daily car. Happy to answer questions/send pics.
Basically brand new. It’s an amazing car, but it’s just not for me (not at this time at least). Currently has 200 miles, but it’ll go up a bit as this is my daily car. Happy to answer questions/send pics.
I’m taking delivery of MXP this Sunday, but with 20” wheels.. was too late to change to 22” wheels since delivery time jumped up 4months, I’m in the Bay Area- if you’re up for wheel swap+$, can help you recoup some of the cost.. lmk..