Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 model x plaid Can i control the rear video with the front screen ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

I have 3 kids all under 5 that sit in the back. They love watching their cartoon with the back screen. Is it possible for me to play videos like netflix with out touching the screen in the back? Its very difficult to twist my body and use the rear screen when i'm sitting on the front.

I have 3 kids all under 5 that sit in the back. They love watching their cartoon with the back screen. Is it possible for me to play videos like netflix with out touching the screen in the back? Its very difficult to twist my body and use the rear screen when i'm sitting on the front.
Nope. I’m not sure why it isn’t possible when you’re in park.

But we still cannot connect headphones and have separate audio streams with the rear console yet either.

Once again, what was advertised as a useful feature turns out to be nothing but a headache in practice.

This is really annoying. Every time when parked I need to twist my body to use the rear touchscreen to open netflix. Once netflix is open I can control everything front the front screen and select the cartoon on the front screens Netflix app. They should really come out with an update to fix this.

This is really annoying. Every time when parked I need to twist my body to use the rear touchscreen to open netflix. Once netflix is open I can control everything front the front screen and select the cartoon on the front screens Netflix app. They should really come out with an update to fix this.
I have the same issue with 2 grandkids sitting in the back strapped in car seats. I started Disney+ before I drive off and when one episode finished, they screen for me to start another one. Of course, I could not when driving on the highway. I do not realize once Netflix is open, you can control everhting from the the front screen. It is while you are park or in drive? My Honda Odyssey comes with a remote so that rear screen can be control from front touch screen or remote control. I love to see a software update to address this annoying issue.

I have the same issue with 2 grandkids sitting in the back strapped in car seats. I started Disney+ before I drive off and when one episode finished, they screen for me to start another one. Of course, I could not when driving on the highway. I do not realize once Netflix is open, you can control everhting from the the front screen. It is while you are park or in drive? My Honda Odyssey comes with a remote so that rear screen can be control from front touch screen or remote control. I love to see a software update to address this annoying issue.

I also have an Acura mdx with the rear tv and I can control everything front the front no problem. With my 2022 model x when parked once Netflix or YouTube is open on the rear screen I can control everything from the front i can pick the cartoon and the front screen and rear screen will always be linked. I can then just put the car in drive and go and since the car won’t let you want movies on the front screen when driving the front screen movie will turn off but the rear screen will still keep on playing. This is great but the issue is the netflix app must be first be opened on the rear screen.

Just got my 22 refresh X yesterday and have tried to setup Netflix on the rear screen a few times with no success. The app opens fine, but every time I go to sign it, it freezes up on me. I restart the process and end up with the same result. Is there something I am missing or doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Just got my 22 refresh X yesterday and have tried to setup Netflix on the rear screen a few times with no success. The app opens fine, but every time I go to sign it, it freezes up on me. I restart the process and end up with the same result. Is there something I am missing or doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
You may try setting up on the front screen instead of on the rear screen. Once set up on the front, the rear will show the same APPS. My issue with the system is it is very quirky. I had to buckle in as driver, step on brake and go on hold. I then have to turn back and start the program on the rear screen. If I do it first and then try to start the car, the rear program will freeze. It is a dumb design.

Thank you, I just needed to get logged in and started on the front screen. Once that was accomplished, it worked on both screens.
We have a ~6 to 7 hour trip coming up in a few weeks and I have two kids that I will let watch a movie or two. I thought there were video games too, but I can only seem to get those on the front screen, they do not seem to be available on the rear screen, is that accurate?

Thank you, I just needed to get logged in and started on the front screen. Once that was accomplished, it worked on both screens.
We have a ~6 to 7 hour trip coming up in a few weeks and I have two kids that I will let watch a movie or two. I thought there were video games too, but I can only seem to get those on the front screen, they do not seem to be available on the rear screen, is that accurate?
Good to hear that. I hate to blow your bubble. While you are driving and the episode the kids are watching ended, the only way to move to another episode is to turn around (hopefully you have autopilot on) and touch the rear screen to move to the next. You cannot control video while driving on the front screen (a stupid feature). Alternative is to pull over, touch to park or Hold. Then you can control from the front.

What about stopping video? I can control volume but don’t see how to stop a Disney show, for example. Thanks.
My experience with playing with the rear screen is only volume can be control from the front screen while the car is not in Park. It is very frustrating when the kids finished one episode and wanted another but I am on the freeway driving. No control whatsoever. I hope Tesla could get a software upgrade someday to improve this quirky system.

Good to hear that. I hate to blow your bubble. While you are driving and the episode the kids are watching ended, the only way to move to another episode is to turn around (hopefully you have autopilot on) and touch the rear screen to move to the next. You cannot control video while driving on the front screen (a stupid feature). Alternative is to pull over, touch to park or Hold. Then you can control from the front.
Yep. The rear screen is a really poor half baked implementation. It does provide access to the rear seat climate controls. But the entertainment options are pretty poor.

Reactions: Pcm888usa