Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Model Y charging capped to 32 on 60 Amp circuit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New member here! I just picked up my MYLR literally today (10/5), everything looked good until I came back home to charge the car for the first time (yay!) with gen 3 wall connector installed 6 months ago. The wall connector was installed using THHN 4AWG hooked up with 60A breaker on a 200A panel. The wall connector was configured correctly at 48Amp according to its web console. The car showed 32/48 while charging and gave me "Power grid or vehicle issue limiting AC charging" message.

At first I thought there was something wrong with the wall connector (like a wiring issue) but then I went out to charge at one of the destination charger. I don't know what gen it was but it had a grey faceplate (maybe gen 1?). The car showed 32/44 this time.

This led me to believe that it's either software issue or one of the 3 PCS was broken day 1 :(

Anyone has the same issue?

Given your description, does sound like the car. If there’s a service center nearby, they usually have destination chargers in the parking lot. Trying there might be a good idea, especially if you walk in and tell one of the service people what you’re up to.

If that confirms it, or you think that you’ve done enough testing already, put in a service call in the app. While there’s the occasional complaint about Tesla service, I’ve found them pretty responsive. There’ll be a place where you can put in pictures; use your cell phone to take a picture of the error message. Might also be a good idea to put down exact time and date an error message showed up; Tesla sometimes comes down from on high and looks at logs, so a date/time stamp might help troubleshooting.

It’s a new car; this is what warranties are for.