Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Model Y LR Wind Noise.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Model Y LR is manufactured in Fremont Aug 30,2022. I logged service ticket with Tesla stating wind noise when vehicle attains speed of 55 mph and more. The service center at Tesla drove 2 miles and closed the ticket with notes that no significant wind noise is experienced during highway driving.

Obviously I'm not happy with the response, I want to challenge it asking how Tesla measures wind noise and what tests were performed to classify my vehicle does not require any fix?

Appreciate help and tips if someone have experienced this issue and how can I escalate to get appropriate response.

Reactions: kaizen099
for me, there are gaps in the seal at the top of the window toward the side panel side and then again toward the hood of the car. I tried using a hammer to make sure all the trim was in place but there still seems to be gaps. I compared it to my model Y and I don't see or feel those gaps. Any other ideas on what I can try or do?

Upvote 0
I had noticed that wind noise was louder than expected when I took delivery of my MYLR in March. After looking at solutions I noted that the glass roof seem to be the biggest offender so I purchased this from Ali-Express

For £4.90 it was worth a go to see if it helps and yes it does, it hasn't made my car silent however I do notice that noise from the glass roof is alot better, allowing me to hear other noise locations I need to look at, lol... I'm doing the noise reduction 1 part at a time, but I have noticed the noise comming from the rear wheels and after reading on this forum it seems there is space for noise reduction in there.

Upvote 0
for me, there are gaps in the seal at the top of the window toward the side panel side and then again toward the hood of the car. I tried using a hammer to make sure all the trim was in place but there still seems to be gaps. I compared it to my model Y and I don't see or feel those gaps. Any other ideas on what I can try or do?
It's a difficult problem. First I'd suggest schedule a service. They replaced the entire rubber seal on both front doors on my Model 3.
As far as what you can do yourself. You've done the obvious by tapping the rubber in place. The following are additional steps:

1) make the doors close tighter. You can adjust the striker. Carefully mark it so you don't loose the original position, especially up/ down.
2) adjust windows. you can recalibrate, Then adjust the pitch of the top tighter to the car.
3) Try adding aftermarket seals.
4) There's postings on the gap towards the front. My car doesn't seem to have that. I vaguely recall it took Tesla Service.
5) To test fixes you can use a hair dryer at high velocity, heat isn't needed. It will take two people. One inside and one outside.

• Helpful
Reactions: jamieorc and tm1v2
Upvote 0
I have a service technician replacing my windshield glass (cracked) and he said my windshield glass was factory installed a little off causing so he adjust it to fit exactly where it was intended to be. The windshield should be slightly higher than the top roof glass. Its very slight but if your windshield sits below the roof panel glass, the wind flow will be interrupted by the roof panel causing excessive wind noise.

• Informative
Reactions: GOVA
Upvote 0
You might have to order a new rubber seal. Ultimately that made a substantial difference. Tesla covered replacing both front door rubber seals under warranty and conducted service mobile at my home. Really great.
Additionally tightening the door helps quite a bit. We did that by adjusting the hoop in the door pillar.

• Helpful
Reactions: GOVA
Upvote 0