Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 MS - Third Brake Light Out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, I guess I have been spoiled, they even had a loaner ready to go when I arrived that I didn’t request.

Yes, you are one of the lucky ones. When my rear drive unit went out at midnight and completely disabled the car on the side of the road, Tesla made a dumb mistake by sending a tow truck that couldn't handle a completely dead Tesla (LV battery died after 10 mins because it's such a tiny capacity) and then Tesla wanted me to pay in full out of pocket for the second tow truck! When I went that morning to the SC following behind the tow truck, they had no plans to give me a loaner. I only got one because I kept complaining and it wasn't until the 4th day that I got one an old one that was in hideous condition. It took them 3 weeks to figure out what was wrong and then repair it, even though the second tow truck driver nailed the diagnosis because he said he's seen so many inverter failures for the Tesla's he tows. This is after Tesla flat out denied warranty repairs for 7 out of 8 significant build quality issues on my $100K Model S.

Enjoy it while it lasts. The company is tanking, and service always goes down when a company tanks. I am sure the service centers in my area gave amazing white glove service to the original Model S owners, but those days are over here. It's non-stop horror stories in Houston, so expect it to happen in your neck of the woods.

I believe you are correct. Here in Houston, I could completely imagine our Service Centers denying the replacement unless every single LED was burned out. They would almost certainly claim it is "within spec" and "functioning as intended" if even one LED was still lighting up, hoping the car would make it past the warranty before all the LED's went out. There's absolutely zero chance the crooks that run the SC's here would cover customer applied tint. Zero.
When I initially went in to get my third brake light replaced, Tesla Service said they wouldn't cover the cost to replace the tint. However, after they damaged my car during the install, they subsequently paid for the tint replacement.