Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 MYP Window Rattle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey All , I've had multiple rattles in my vehicle and I finally found out the culprit, when the passenger and driver side ( both have similar rattles ) windows are all the way up, the rattle is very present. Dropped the windows slightly and its gone. I Have a service appointment open for mobile visit. I'm unsure if this will require a window regulator replacement or not, would anyone with this issue that has gone though it post some infor if any thx.

Unfortunately I don't know the size of the tool. I used this video as a guide:

These videos also look good:

I'm not 100% sure this is the lube I used, but it's something like this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BXKZUG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Probably any silicone spray lube will work.

I was never worried about breaking the speaker housing but I did break one of the big clips further down on the trim panel when taking it off because I'm an idiot and didn't lift it off correctly. Fortunately for me the clip didn't matter when I put the door trim back on, i.e. no noise and the panel wasn't loose. If I understand correctly, you can just contact Tesla service through the app and request to buy whatever clips you need. Fortunately I haven't had to do that yet.