Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 S LR Front hood alignment; road noise

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just picked up my new 2022 model S long range. The front hood seems misaligned on the right side. It’s off by a couple of mm. I don’t know if anyone else has experienced this. Will Tesla correct it?
Also I don’t know if the hood alignment is contributing to it but when I go at high speeds on the highway there is a lot of road noise.

Well make sure it is aligned enough to be latching well, secondary latch or something. Tesla just had that recall where some alignment issues on frunks are to be corrected as their misalignment is causing latching to not fully engage - i.e. your hood could fly off while driving ;-)

I accepted my 2022 Model S with body panels misaligned because if I'd rejected it I'd have to wait another couple of months and who knows if the body panel alignment would have been any better.
I believe the problem is a mismatch of the shapes of the hood and fenders, with the same issue seen with the rear lift-gate and its fenders.
I just saw a 2021 Jaguar XJ50 with a very similar hood/fender combo and it looked very nice.

Attachments

• _DSC0040.JPG
    _DSC0040.JPG
    249.5 KB · Views: 162
  • _DSC0043.JPG
    _DSC0043.JPG
    281.6 KB · Views: 105
  • _DSC0048.JPG
    _DSC0048.JPG
    291.8 KB · Views: 105
  • _DSC0045.JPG
    _DSC0045.JPG
    307.3 KB · Views: 111
I just picked up my new 2022 model S long range. The front hood seems misaligned on the right side. It’s off by a couple of mm. I don’t know if anyone else has experienced this. Will Tesla correct it?
Also I don’t know if the hood alignment is contributing to it but when I go at high speeds on the highway there is a lot of road noise.
My 22 MSLR also had issues with hood alignment. I rasied a service ticket and they fixed it (kinda'). Mine was more noticable towards the headlights and fender.