Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Tesla Model 3 RWD Interior Overheat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So we have been having an issue with the car lately where its getting up to 120 degree in the inside during the day and my doors are locked and it just gives me an "over heat" notification for the inside but it isn't giving me a faults or errors other than the overheat notification. Today it let me open the door but I couldn't shift the car until it cooled down in the inside. Has anyone else had this happen and do you have any idea what could be going on with the vehicle? I've lived in Arizona for 2 years now and this is the first time its started to happen.

i have mine on fan only, it keeps it around 120'F inside when sunny. i get no notifications. a few minutes before I leave work i'll go into the app and open the windows and turn on the A/C. btw my wife doesn't have cabin overheat protection on her M3 RWD, and today i saw it was 157'F inside temp....

maybe its part of the new safety update from a few weeks ago, too hot for passengers?

Upvote 0
Update. With the help of Tesla service we troubleshot it to the Temp and Humidity Sensor (THS) on the windshield that was damaged by Safelight during replacement. Apparently this is common. We reached out to safelight so is going to replace it at no charge and we also noticed they didn’t give us an OEM windshield so I’m making them switch that out as well. Pay attention to both these things if you ever have to get this repair done. I will post once the repair is complete to ensure the problem is fixed.

• Helpful
Reactions: SalisburySam
Upvote 0