Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 cabin overheat protection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

cfao

Feb 9, 2019
Lisboa
A doubt that I still haven’t seen answered in any forum or site, and that in these times of heat popped up into my mind.
What is the limitation that exists in the Model 3 that maes it so that you cannot have cabin overheat protection at the same time as you have the alarm on, as happens in the Model Y?
I find it strange since the two are practically the same when it comes to the interior layout of the cabin. Are the intrusion alarm sensors placed differently?
If so, why is it mandatory to turn off Sentry to turn off the alarm as that is external only?
And why can I manually turn on the AC through the App, or use cabin preconditioning, without turning off Sentry or the alarm?

Is this just a feature that they never did “backport” to Model 3?”

Reactions: beachmiles
I think the short answer is to keep battery drain down, ie making
you chose between the two. For short trips around town, it is
over protective, but for folks with long trips to the office
it well may be a good idea. Is the Y really different, who knows.

Upvote 0
I don't have that limitation either. I vaguely remember this discussion popping up a while back on the forum... Is it possible that it is only a limitation in Europe?

I havent researched this (like at all), I simply remember previous discussions here on this topic like you do. I seem to remember it being some sort of distinction on vehicles with Tilt / intrusion control. Model 3s in the US dont have that (for example) and model 3s in Europe do. No idea about Canada or elsewhere.

No idea what the correlation between tilt intrusion and cabin overheat protection is, but I seem to remember that being the correlation.

Upvote 0
I havent researched this (like at all), I simply remember previous discussions here on this topic like you do. I seem to remember it being some sort of distinction on vehicles with Tilt / intrusion control. Model 3s in the US dont have that (for example) and model 3s in Europe do. No idea about Canada or elsewhere.

No idea what the correlation between tilt intrusion and cabin overheat protection is, but I seem to remember that being the correlation.
What is Tilt /Intrusion control?

Upvote 0
What is Tilt /Intrusion control?

See post #5, or,search "tilt" in the Tesla online manual. This should be a link to it in the manual but just in case its not, search "tilt" here:

Reactions: Technokrat
Upvote 0
Then these sensors must be present in Canada for people to trigger their alarm when conditioning their cabin... Canada has sentry and COP so there's something I don't understand.

Does that mean that you are confirming that your model 3 in Canada actually has the Tilt / Intrusion settings as detailed in the manual? From the manual: ( To enable, touch Controls > Safety > Tilt/Intrusion ).

Im just asking out of curiosity about what countries they have these sensors. We dont have them in the US, as mentioned.

Upvote 0