Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Tesla Model S LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tested with the car locked and rear passenger door window down. 2021 MSLR. I was able to reach in and unlatch the seat. I was also able to open the door by pushing the interior release button. Tried again with child protection enabled and was still able to unlatch the seat but not open the door.

Reactions: NiceOlives
lolll! They are looking into the trunk & then breaking the rear big window to steal things like golf sets or laptops. I lost a golf set to this quarter window theft on my 2017 Model S.
Easy solution -- don't leave things like that in plain view. Plus, I'm not sure how having the rear seats locked would prevent a thief from simply reaching overtop the seats and taking whatever is in the hatch.

Easy solution -- don't leave things like that in plain view. Plus, I'm not sure how having the rear seats locked would prevent a thief from simply reaching overtop the seats and taking whatever is in the hatch.
Without anything on the rear seat or the top hatch, they are still breaking the quarter window, dropping the rear seat hoping to find something valuable in the trunk.