Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Tesla Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haven't noticed this before, but when I set my 2022 Model S suspension on High, it seems to quickly revert to Medium . I understand that the setting changes after 35MPH, but I am wondering if this is the result of an update. Is it possible to set the suspension on High as a default (trying to avoid scrapping the bottom). How does the Auto setting affect this? Thanks.

Haven't noticed this before, but when I set my 2022 Model S suspension on High, it seems to quickly revert to Medium . I understand that the setting changes after 35MPH, but I am wondering if this is the result of an update. Is it possible to set the suspension on High as a default (trying to avoid scrapping the bottom). How does the Auto setting affect this? Thanks.
The "high" setting is temporary and usually reserved for a specific GPS coordinate such as a steep driveway etc. So once you leave that area it will revert to standard or medium

Upvote 0
You can override the automatic lowering in High and Very High, but you have to keep you speed below the respective thresholds.

From the manual:
  • Very High - When set to Very High, the suspension automatically lowers to the default ride height* (Medium or Low) after driving approximately 100 feet (30 meters) or when driving speed reaches 15 mph (24 km/h). To maintain the Very High setting for an unlimited distance until your driving speed reaches the speed threshold, touch Keep until 15 mph.
  • High - When set to High, the suspension automatically lowers to the default ride height* (Medium or Low) after driving approximately 100 feet (30 meters) or when driving speed reaches 35 mph (56 km/h). To maintain the High setting for an unlimited distance until your driving speed reaches the speed threshold, touch Keep until 35 mph.
  • When saving locations, Model S also saves the Keep until XX mph setting (if specified).

• Informative
Reactions: Gtech
Upvote 0
To follow up after additional driving, it doesn't seem to make sense to have to change the suspension while driving to avoid bottoming out. Is there no way to set the 2022 MS suspension to "High" permanently?
There currently is no way to set it in High permanently. But if you are really that concerned about bottoming out, you could get the N2itive adjustable lowering links, which supposedly can be used to raise the car up to one inch. That way your Medium setting will always sit an inch higher than stock.
Performance RSX-1 Ride Height Adjustment Lowering Link Set Tesla S/X

Upvote 0