Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023.20.9 tpms position not updated after tire rotation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did press the new tire service reset button. It did not help, I tried it again it did not help. I reset the car with double buttons and it did not help. The car thinks the front tires are the rear tires and it's thought that for a week now. Any recommendations?

L8d

I asked Tesla via app:

Any recommendations on how to get the car to relearn new tire positions after a tire rotation? The new tire service reset button did not work. It thinks the front tires are the rear tires. I also did the two button restart on the car that did not help either.

Tesla replied:

Hey you can try to do a scroll wheel reset on the vehicle or under the service tab on your quick controls you can select wheel configuration change the wheel size and then change it back.

I will try this and let everyone know if it works.

L8d

I have not tested to see if what they suggested worked. I would need to deflate or hyperinflate a tire and check it.

I drove the car for a week and it didn't self correct. And used to be you press the tire rotation button and it would figure it out after like 60 seconds. I don't understand how Tesla can have something totally figured out, then release software updates to screw it up.

L8d