Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How do these software updates work? I'd like to get Park Assist on my Model X, just bought it last week. It says I'm on the latest, which is 2023.2.301. Sounds like this is only going out to M3/MY, is that typical?

Wondering if I made a huge mistake buying a MX without USS...
Hang in there. There’s a ton of discussions here on 2023.6.9 which you need for Vision-based Park Assist. We have a three week old MY; 2023.6.9 downloaded last week but Park Assist not working. Mobile service coming Monday. You’ll get a notification that new software is available then you need the connect to wifi.

I think the words 'At this time ...' are doing a lot of heavy lifting.
@glovelace, off topic, I was in London during the holidays and found two awesome restaurants near the hotel I was staying at that I highly recommend if you happen to be nearby.

Good beer and food (ex. pork chops): The Hercules, Lambeth · 2 Kennington Rd, London SE1 7BL, United Kingdom
Good food (ex. lasagna): Cotto · 89 Westminster Bridge Rd, London SE1 7HR, United Kingdom

The above will help you get through the trials and tribulations of 2023.6.9

Reactions: glovelace
@glovelace, off topic, I was in London during the holidays and found two awesome restaurants near the hotel I was staying at that I highly recommend if you happen to be nearby.

Good beer and food (ex. pork chops): The Hercules, Lambeth · 2 Kennington Rd, London SE1 7BL, United Kingdom
Good food (ex. lasagna): Cotto · 89 Westminster Bridge Rd, London SE1 7HR, United Kingdom

The above will help you get through the trials and tribulations of 2023.6.9
Thank you!

Reactions: chobra
so last night I installed it and park assist did not work. Today, it does but it's very inaccurate to a point it's useless. My garage is super tight and I park like I usually do but PA is already telling me to stop before I come to my usual stop. Since this is the first release, I'll stay optimistic. Hopefully this is the start of something good to come but so far, it's not.
We had a 2022 M3P with Ultrasonic sensors and when we pulled into our garage,which is pretty tight, and it would say Stop as soon as you entered but show you inches away. Now we have 2023 MY without USS and on release 2023.6.9 and it does about the same as with USS. It says Stop as soon as you enter and shows inches away. I did not measure how accurate the USS were with a tape measure so can’t say if Vision is less accurate but Vision is close enough accuracy for me. I would never depend on any sensors solely to get super close to something. All I care about is the beeping gets faster the closer you get. We had an F150 and Mercedes C300 before and neither even gave you distance. They just beeped. I think people expect too much from Tesla’s Park Assist. Even if it was operating autonomously I doubt it would attempt to get super close before stopping. Maybe someday it would but not now.

We had a 2022 M3P with Ultrasonic sensors and when we pulled into our garage,which is pretty tight, and it would say Stop as soon as you entered but show you inches away. Now we have 2023 MY without USS and on release 2023.6.9 and it does about the same as with USS. It says Stop as soon as you enter and shows inches away. I did not measure how accurate the USS were with a tape measure so can’t say if Vision is less accurate but Vision is close enough accuracy for me. I would never depend on any sensors solely to get super close to something. All I care about is the beeping gets faster the closer you get. We had an F150 and Mercedes C300 before and neither even gave you distance. They just beeped. I think people expect too much from Tesla’s Park Assist. Even if it was operating autonomously I doubt it would attempt to get super close before stopping. Maybe someday it would but not now.
I find the Stop notice on park assist is what I call its opening bid. I go about another foot and then stop. If I don't, I fear the garage door will hit my trunk lid. I recommend trying the limits by getting some help to gauge the real distance. Of course, YMMV, but I know how to live with it as it is now and I too wish it gets better soon.

Reactions: glovelace