Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Mullermn

Adapting to life without USS one hour at a time
Jun 25, 2022
Uk
Supposedly includes the vision based parking functions (distance measurement only, not summon etc). Doesn’t look like many have it so far though.

Last edited:
Reactions: FearL0rd
Automatically came through. I don’t think you can do anything to request it.
You can bring up the software page in the car and it will check for an available update. Afterward, you must wait 24 hours before the car will check again. In addition, Tesla can push the update to your car, which is how most get it.

The "Advanced" option on the software page does not appear to have any effect on when, you get an update.

You cannot do anything else to request an update.

Reactions: glovelace
Drove my car out to a ranch property earlier today which involved going over a pretty flat grass/dirt road and car was buzzing like crazy warning that I was gonna hit something even though there was nothing near to hit. There is no way in hell this camera system is gonna be as good as the sensors were, at least not with the cameras that are in my 23 M3P.

Drove my car out to a ranch property earlier today which involved going over a pretty flat grass/dirt road and car was buzzing like crazy warning that I was gonna hit something even though there was nothing near to hit. There is no way in hell this camera system is gonna be as good as the sensors were, at least not with the cameras that are in my 23 M3P.

If only I had a ranch

tesla-model-y-made-in-texas-mit.jpg

tesla-model-y-made-in-texas-mit.jpg

Just tested it out in the garage, it's plenty good enough for me
No FSD, no EAP
Up front is a cardboard box (same height as front bumper) an inch away
On the right side are cabinets that are about 3-6 inches away
On the left side is another car about 16-18 inches away
Behind me is the garage door that's about 14 inches away

View attachment 921061
Now you just have to find that ranch to test it with...

To be fair - I live in a hilly area of Colorado and I have USS. I ignore them most of the time because at my house they go off saying "STOP" just backing out of my garage. So I personally never really considered the sensors that good. I personally would love to see a fusion of both, though I also know the technological difficulty of that (I work somewhere where we've done sensor fusion…and it's hard).

Just tested it out in the garage, it's plenty good enough for me
No FSD, no EAP
Up front is a cardboard box (same height as front bumper) an inch away
On the right side are cabinets that are about 3-6 inches away
On the left side is another car about 16-18 inches away
Behind me is the garage door that's about 14 inches away

View attachment 921061
Did you have to enable park assist or something? I just installed and it just says "park assist unavailable". Tried backing the car out, and went back in, nothing. Tried to drive around the block and park by the curb, nothing. Just says unavailable. Very frustrating!

Did you have to enable park assist or something? I just installed and it just says "park assist unavailable". Tried backing the car out, and went back in, nothing. Tried to drive around the block and park by the curb, nothing. Just says unavailable. Very frustrating!
No, didn't have to enable or change a setting to get it to work. Later on after I parked and started to drive it gave me the error you mentioned but went away after a while then the vision parking assist started to work again.

Maybe you have to turn on\off the car or do the reboot.