Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I currently have 2023 M3 rwd with 2023.6.9 and have a few questions.

Is this a Single Stack version?

Also, would like to test the current FSD Beta version on one month subscription. I'm going on vacation in two days. If I subscribe now will the upgrade be the latest fsd beta build?

so last night I installed it and park assist did not work. Today, it does but it's very inaccurate to a point it's useless. My garage is super tight and I park like I usually do but PA is already telling me to stop before I come to my usual stop. Since this is the first release, I'll stay optimistic. Hopefully this is the start of something good to come but so far, it's not.

so last night I installed it and park assist did not work. Today, it does but it's very inaccurate to a point it's useless. My garage is super tight and I park like I usually do but PA is already telling me to stop before I come to my usual stop. Since this is the first release, I'll stay optimistic. Hopefully this is the start of something good to come but so far, it's not.
hopefully it calibrates over time based on your driving behaviors and usual parking locations

You can bring up the software page in the car and it will check for an available update. Afterward, you must wait 24 hours before the car will check again. In addition, Tesla can push the update to your car, which is how most get it.

The "Advanced" option on the software page does not appear to have any effect on when, you get an update.

You cannot do anything else to request an update.
I don’t think the software page update check really does much.

Mine tells me I have the latest software but it’s clearly incorrect as my wife’s MYLR right next to it has 2023.6.9. Mine hasn’t even received 2023.6.8 yet.

I just got the 2023.6.9 update in my 2023 MYLR today. It was delivered in mid-February and I was disappointed that it didn't come with USS. I had that with my BMW X1 and relied on the sensors. I've only driven once since the update to my MYLR, a quick trip to the grocery store, so the jury is still out on how well it will work for me.

I got 2023.6.9 today and tested the new function that measures/shows close distance obstacles. So far I am
satisfied with what I see. The distance reading may not be accurate but the warnings are useful. I am happy the USS replacement
function is back.

If only I had a ranch

tesla-model-y-made-in-texas-mit.jpg

tesla-model-y-made-in-texas-mit.jpg
If only I had a garage the size that most 2003.6.9 US reviewers have! Double garages seem the norm.

Tesla Vision Park Assist in 2023.6.9 needs refinement. The wiggly movement of the distance halo is not helpful. The halo shape should be static based on direction and change color according to estimated distance, i.e., yellow is close, red is really close. The estimated distance text displayed is helpful.

Tesla Vision Park Assist in 2023.6.9 needs refinement. The wiggly movement of the distance halo is not helpful. The halo shape should be static based on direction and change color according to estimated distance, i.e., yellow is close, red is really close. The estimated distance text displayed is helpful.
Yes, they also need to fix how fast it updates/refreshes, maybe when FSDb is merged it will be better. I will be at a stop light and ill see a white or yellow line depending on how close i am to the car in front of me, and then the light turns green, car in front goes, I go and it starts freaking out and says STOP some times. It thinks the car is still there, not knowing the car has already started to proceed forward.

I don’t think the software page update check really does much.

Mine tells me I have the latest software but it’s clearly incorrect as my wife’s MYLR right next to it has 2023.6.9. Mine hasn’t even received 2023.6.8 yet.
It is telling you that you have the latest software FOR YOUR CAR. Tesla decides what versions are available for each car. What is on a different car is moot.

I have definitely had the software page identify new versions available for download. But I usually don't bother, as the car will periodically check for updates on its own.

Reactions: surfrasch
Installed this last night on my wife's Y. It's raining here, so I haven't taken it out for a full-scale test, but did back it out of the garage and pull it back in. The car did a good job at detecting the large post in our basement garage that helps support the three floors above. That's the trickiest obstacle in the whole garage, and I like the car to stop about 16" shy of it - plenty of room to walk around the front and also for the hatch to open in the back without hitting the closed garage door. My wife pulled in and stopped the car when it said 16" on the screen. We hopped out, had a look and decided that it was pretty much spot-on.

Reactions: heapmaster