Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 model 3 LFP RWD rims

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So i need a cheap set of 18" rims for my 2023 model 3 rwd to mount snow tires (which i already have purchased). Is there anything special about the 2023 rims or can i just grab a set that is for an earlier model year? I thought i saw a comment somewhere that the rear brakes are different in newer models so maybe earlier m3 rims won't fit? And i know i need bluetooth tpms. Any help much appreciated. Thanks.

So i need a cheap set of 18" rims for my 2023 model 3 rwd to mount snow tires (which i already have purchased). Is there anything special about the 2023 rims or can i just grab a set that is for an earlier model year? I thought i saw a comment somewhere that the rear brakes are different in newer models so maybe earlier m3 rims won't fit? And i know i need bluetooth tpms. Any help much appreciated. Thanks.
Reviving b/c I can't yet DM here, and wondering about the very same question for the same purpose. Did you reach any conclusion?

I’m 99% sure an earlier model year 18-inch Model 3 wheel should fit. That’s what I’m doing for my winter tires on my 2023 LR, although I haven’t installed them yet.

The only issues I’m aware of is if you try to put 18-inch wheels on a Performance model they’ll hit the brakes.

I’m 99% sure an earlier model year 18-inch Model 3 wheel should fit. That’s what I’m doing for my winter tires on my 2023 LR, although I haven’t installed them yet.

The only issues I’m aware of is if you try to put 18-inch wheels on a Performance model they’ll hit the brakes.
I tested the earlier wheels I bought on both the left side front and left side rear and don’t see any interference issues on either on my 2023 purchased in November. I only bought two wheels as cheap as possible used/refurbed on eBay, two used tires with patches and high tread, and two TPMS (yet to be tested) off “AliExpress” that took almost a month to arrive. I’ve yet to stop into my friend’s shop to mount and balance them, but when we do, we will likely try to see what kind of tire-burning the LFP RWD SR M3 can do. I hear of all these people needing to replace tires early. So having 6 wheels should help me save money I think, hopefully not cost me much more than the ~$450 I invested in these two. I’m thinking it could save us the cost of a tow, but we have AAA, so it would probably only save me the cost of one brand new tire.