Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TESLA Model 3 rims with part numbers 1234261-00-A and 1044261-00-A

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dear All,

I just want to know if there is a difference between M3 18" rims with part numbers 1234261-00-A and 1044261-00-A. Tesla service center quoted rim with part # 1234261-00-A as a replacement rim for my 2023 M3 RWD. I know that 2021 M3 rim has the part # 1044261-00-A. Both these rims are 18" 8.5 with 40mm offset. They both have 5x114.3mm bolt pattern as well. So I am thinking that the two rims are interchangeable. Please let me know if they are not interchangeable. FYI, I am trying to purchase used 2021 rim and make a full size spare tire. Thanks

Did you ever get this question answered? I confirmed there are cosmetic differences in the two versions of the 18” wheels but see that the wheel covers should be interchangeable on each. I sure hope there isn’t an issue with later rear brakes hitting on earlier wheels because I just purchased two early wheels for my 2023 to be able to swap and have a full size spare (or two).

Did you ever get this question answered? I confirmed there are cosmetic differences in the two versions of the 18” wheels but see that the wheel covers should be interchangeable on each. I sure hope there isn’t an issue with later rear brakes hitting on earlier wheels because I just purchased two early wheels for my 2023 to be able to swap and have a full size spare (or two).
Hi, Thank you for the answer. No, I did not get this answered. I need to purchase an early model wheel and want to know the differences before I purchase. Since you already have the early model wheel, I appreciate if you could let me (and others) know the compatibility especially any interference with rear and front brakes. Thanks again.

Hi, Thank you for the answer. No, I did not get this answered. I need to purchase an early model wheel and want to know the differences before I purchase. Since you already have the early model wheel, I appreciate if you could let me (and others) know the compatibility especially any interference with rear and front brakes. Thanks again.
I have a 2023 M3RWD and don’t know if you have the same, but will plan to report back as soon as I have the Jack pads I’ve ordered from Amazon and the 18” gen1 refurbished wheels I ordered on eBay. It may be a few days for each.

P.S. I noticed that Some Honda and Acura cars have the same bolt pattern / PCD and center bore 5x114.3 and 64.1 and plan to try the 17” 2004-2006 Acura TL wheels I have when it becomes convenient to do so. A friend of mine says he also has some other 18” 5x114.3 wheels too. Hopefully I can also test them.

One of two wheels arrived, and I wanted to test the hubcap fit, and it became more interesting than I expected, but only because I found it so difficult to remove the wheel cover from the wheel. I paid $120/wheel for two wheels. If the eBay seller doesn’t send the second wheel and offers a refund, I will be annoyed.

I will see if I can find time, but I have some important things to do before the rain predicted at 3 pm today. So I might not get to the wheel swapping until it dries up here.

Last edited:
Hi! I see that you have a tough time in removing the wheel cover from the center than from the side clips. Good to know. So, it may be wise to go with Gen 2 rims instead of Gen 1 rims for the spare?
I think that was more likely due to this rim being RE powder coated. That made the center cap very tight. So I believe that may be more of a note against refurbished rims instead of original or used condition (as opposed to an argument against trying to used gen2 caps on gen1 wheels).

The gen1 wheel which has a B at the end of the part number, not an A like this thread’s title.

90FD436A-FCE5-4575-915C-A5FCB5C50AFB.jpeg

098A1662-1A3B-41BF-9920-D6CBF87C144D.jpeg

2D17D080-2A2E-4CB7-A4DC-9A1EBA9B9B81.jpeg

See the above post to see exactly which wheel fit fine. It seems identical to the 2013 wheel with respect to all dimensions. Just “style” is a little different.

mknmike, and others, it's apparently inherent to the 2021+ M3 18" wheel cover design that they're more difficult than the older style to remove so that they remain securely in place during all road use conditions plus, potentially, thwart casual thieves or vandals. At least, according to Tom Maloughney: 25 Changes That Tesla Made To The Model 3 With The 2021 Refresh
So, mknmike, I seek some 18" wheels.
I'm unclear about something--does any difference exist in color or style from the OG M3 18" to the 2021+ refresh versions? I know the specs match. I see three for sale by a local individual, but I need to match a fourth in that case and wonder if the versions matter. Or, I simply need to get all four.
Secondly, may I learn the ebay vendor that you used and the end results (got both, they're true rather than square and balanced out, etc.?)

mknmike, and others, it's apparently inherent to the 2021+ M3 18" wheel cover design that they're more difficult than the older style to remove so that they remain securely in place during all road use conditions plus, potentially, thwart casual thieves or vandals. At least, according to Tom Maloughney: 25 Changes That Tesla Made To The Model 3 With The 2021 Refresh
So, mknmike, I seek some 18" wheels.
I'm unclear about something--does any difference exist in color or style from the OG M3 18" to the 2021+ refresh versions? I know the specs match. I see three for sale by a local individual, but I need to match a fourth in that case and wonder if the versions matter. Or, I simply need to get all four.
Secondly, may I learn the ebay vendor that you used and the end results (got both, they're true rather than square and balanced out, etc.?)
MKNMike, having now watched your video more carefully once again, I see that you described the spoke shape and divot differences between the two versions. IF using the aero covers, then, is there some other difference in the remaining exposed lip that suggests to stick with a matched set? Color the same, or does your refurbished wheel make it hard to say since it's not still in as manufactured condition?
(Also, this time I better heard that you stated that removing aero covers from the 2023 in the garage gave you less of a fight, either due to extra powder coating or less leverage on the loose refurbed wheel. Still, see that fight Tom M. puts in against his mounted wheel at about 90 seconds into that video link.)

MKNMike, having now watched your video more carefully once again, I see that you described the spoke shape and divot differences between the two versions. IF using the aero covers, then, is there some other difference in the remaining exposed lip that suggests to stick with a matched set? Color the same, or does your refurbished wheel make it hard to say since it's not still in as manufactured condition?
(Also, this time I better heard that you stated that removing aero covers from the 2023 in the garage gave you less of a fight, either due to extra powder coating or less leverage on the loose refurbed wheel. Still, see that fight Tom M. puts in against his mounted wheel at about 90 seconds into that video link.)
I don’t think any part of the wheel that shows beyond the wheel cover is different in gen1-gen2 wheels. I think all the differences are covered by the wheel cover. That’s why I figured gen1 for my gen2 car is fine.

I can’t speak to the color, as I believe mine were refurbished.

The seller I bought from on eBay had nothing else for sale besides the two wheels I bought.

They have other items for sale now including some Tesla wheels, but no 18” I see.