Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model S right scroll wheel and FSD Beta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

EVRider-FL

Aug 18, 2015
South Florida
In my previous 2018 Model S and my wife’s Model 3, when using FSD Beta you could press the right scroll wheel left or right to change the FSD Beta profile (Chill, Average, Assertive) and to access the Minimize Lane Changes option.

The manual for my 2023 Model S says that should work in my car, but pressing the right scroll wheel in any direction just turns AP on or off (I have it configured for single click Autosteer activation). Is the manual wrong, or is there something wrong with my scroll wheel? Is it working for anyone with a stalkless Model S or X?

This morning, for the first time ever, my Model X right scroll wheel brought up the pop-up card that allows for adjusting FSD/AP parameters, just like how the Model 3/Y work. Like the Model S, this right scroll wheel L/R has no function on the Model X. It was great to see, but I couldn't reproduce it. Has anyone else seen this happen?

Any update on right scroll wheel (left to right movement) function to select your FSD mode happening for Models X/S? My MX Refresh just got pushed with software update 2024.14.9 (spring update) yesterday. Still no right scroll wheel function aside from the usual push to engage/disengage FSD and speed limit adjustment.

My M3 Higland has it and its so convenient while driving. You can select FSD modes Chill-Average-Assertive all from your right scroll wheel. Enable/disable Minimal Lane Changes is there too.

Reactions: MobileMikeV
Any update on right scroll wheel (left to right movement) function to select your FSD mode happening for Models X/S? My MX Refresh just got pushed with software update 2024.14.9 (spring update) yesterday. Still no right scroll wheel function aside from the usual push to engage/disengage FSD and speed limit adjustment.

My M3 Higland has it and its so convenient while driving. You can select FSD modes Chill-Average-Assertive all from your right scroll wheel. Enable/disable Minimal Lane Changes is there too.
The manual, updated for 2024.14, still says pushing the S/X right scroll wheel left/right does nothing. I just installed 2024.14.9 today so I’ll verify that on my next drive.

Reactions: AttoPro
I click and hold the left scroll wheel to select sport, insane etc on my 22 MS
Yes, thats the “acceleration mode” of the car (for when manually driving). I have that too.
Chill - Sport - Insane

Im looking to have “FSD profile” put on the right scroll wheel like it is on the new M3 Highland.
Chill - Average - Assertive

Looks like no other car has it except for 2024 Model 3s

Attachments

• IMG_8882.jpeg
    IMG_8882.jpeg
    271.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_8884.jpeg
    IMG_8884.jpeg
    235.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Oooooh. Thats interesting! I wonder why. 🤔

I just realized your original post stated that they work on older models S and 3 so the function must have been there for a while. I didn't notice it on my 2018 M3 prior to selling it earlier this year. I assumed it was a recent thing.

Last edited: