Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model Y Delivered w Discount and Tesla Trade in Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery of our second model Y on Saturday 12/17.

Yes indeed I received the $3750 discount, plus 10k miles of free supercharge. Very happy about the credit!

We decided to trade in the Acura MDX in early December so I requested quotes from Tesla and CarMax. Tesla offered through App $13600, slightly higher than CarMax, so I accepted it. On 12/13, just one week after we received the trade in offer I completed all delivery tasks and made full payment reflecting the $13600 offer. On that same night Tesla had the audacity to lower the trade in offer to $7800! I declined and sold the car to CarMax for $13000.

Attachments

• 70F830B6-D208-46AA-AEA0-19DBDA0DE125.jpeg
    70F830B6-D208-46AA-AEA0-19DBDA0DE125.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 168
  • EEB0DE41-DC2B-4838-8DD3-790B0D9DE226.jpeg
    EEB0DE41-DC2B-4838-8DD3-790B0D9DE226.jpeg
    964.3 KB · Views: 75
As shown in pictures this MY no longer has the sensors. Very disappointing. Right now there is no parking assistance.

Yesterday the mobile service technician came and installed Homelink garage opener. Then last night the software update happened and I learned that myQ is now connected !

Thank you Tesla for wasting $350

Yes indeed I received the $3750 discount, plus 10k miles of free supercharge. Very happy about the credit!

We decided to trade in the Acura MDX in early December so I requested quotes from Tesla and CarMax. Tesla offered through App $13600, slightly higher than CarMax, so I accepted it. On 12/13, just one week after we received the trade in offer I completed all delivery tasks and made full payment reflecting the $13600 offer. On that same night Tesla had the audacity to lower the trade in offer to $7800! I declined and sold the car to CarMax for $13000.
Question, when Tesla lowballed the trade in offer, was it because your trade expired so they refreshed it or was it just some stealth update to the figures?

As shown in pictures this MY no longer has the sensors. Very disappointing. Right now there is no parking assistance.

Yesterday the mobile service technician came and installed Homelink garage opener. Then last night the software update happened and I learned that myQ is now connected !

I still prefer Homelink since it sends out the signal directly from the car to the openers instead of going through the internet. Also, only one out of three garage doors I have setup to open has MyQ, so I guess unless every garage door you want to setup is MyQ, Homelink is the better option.

Not having parking assistance does suck. Hopefully Tesla can get it working through vision soon.

Question, when Tesla lowballed the trade in offer, was it because your trade expired so they refreshed it or was it just some stealth update to the figures?
Initial trade in offer by Tesla received on 12/6, they lowballed on 12/13, right after I made full payment.

When I reached out to Tesla via chat, they gave me this scripted answer of “offer valid for 30 days”. I pointed out that the offer was merely one week old. The. The rep gave the crap about “convenience of trade in with Tesla”. Well that was a $5800 worth of convenience!

I still prefer Homelink since it sends out the signal directly from the car to the openers instead of going through the internet. Also, only one out of three garage doors I have setup to open has MyQ, so I guess unless every garage door you want to setup is MyQ, Homelink is the better option.

Not having parking assistance does suck. Hopefully Tesla can get it working through vision soon.
We have MyQ on all three garage doors. The only advantage of HomeLink is the auto open/close feature when the car approaches or leaves. It is a done deal now, I was just venting 😃

Initial trade in offer by Tesla received on 12/6, they lowballed on 12/13, right after I made full payment.

When I reached out to Tesla via chat, they gave me this scripted answer of “offer valid for 30 days”. I pointed out that the offer was merely one week old. The. The rep gave the crap about “convenience of trade in with Tesla”. Well that was a $5800 worth of convenience!
That's pretty bad. Then again, even before I bought my MYP, I could tell that integrity isn't something the company cares much about. I guess it's a bit of a "soup nazi" situation and we should just be glad if we enjoy the product.

Reactions: byeLT4 and 804son

MyQ isn’t free, it’s about $350 for ten years of service. In my opinion, Homelink is still the way to go!

Amazing they'd lower it that much in 1 week. I'm waiting for an MYLR ordered 1/27/23 and wanted to trade my 20 Ram 1500 Limited but Tesla was the lowest of all offers. About $4K less than Carmax and Carvana. I declined all the offers and sold it myself on CL for $10K more than Tesla offered within days. That was nearly 2.5 times any sales tax advantage of a trade. My only issue is now... waiting for delivery date with only my motorcycle to get around on. Thankfully in Tucson so can use it every day. It will be a little more challenging grocery shopping tho!

I have heard that story before. My experience was different. I had a trade in quote in November and expired early December and they extended the same amount to January 5th, 2023. I took delivery on 12/29 b/c I knew once January came the trade in would decrease. I had no idea why they extended the trade in value. I did. not question it or ask any of the advisors. I thought they would days before me picking up my car , the trade in would change but it did not..And the Tesla trade in value was higher the vroom, carman, carvana. It was a Lexus.