Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model Y no USS discussion, incl. Discussion of Tesla Vision Firmware

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As I sit here my new software is being installed. 11.6.9
Yeah I hope. 9 days after delivery .
Seems like it took a long time to install but it's working .
I tested in the driveway didn't measure anything but it was detecting the side
of my house and the closed garage door.

Last edited:
I did an update last night on my 2023 Model Y and this morning i have an error message 'park assist unavailable.' Was this software update anything to do with this?
I have no sensors but a rear camera and 4 side cameras - should i still get a distance/chime at the front if i am nearing a wall?
please help TIA
Look at your message again. I get this message along with something to the effect of software loading. I am guessing you get this message when you just got in it and starting to go. Real stupid of Tesla taking so long to load while this is the time I would 'need' it.

Look at your message again. I get this message along with something to the effect of software loading. I am guessing you get this message when you just got in it and starting to go. Real stupid of Tesla taking so long to load while this is the time I would 'need' it.
I wonder if some cars take longer due to dirty cameras? Mine says loading for maybe 10 seconds if that.

Finally got the Park Asist software download in the UK for my MY. As expected, when there is a small amount of dirt or water on the rear camera the Park Assist is unavailable. Without any method of cleaning the camera itself this function for half the year is pointless. If you have to get out of the car to clean the rear camera you might as well have got out of the car to check your parking distance manually. I expect the side cameras will also suffer the same issue but to a lesser extent.

Understand I am using the advanced software download so maybe BETA but at the moment Park Assist is not to be trusted. Forward cameras are not registering distance fast enough or anywhere near accurate. Where USS would allow you get to within 6" of a wall before a solid tone, the vision system wants to to stop at least half a meter from the object,

A step in the right direction but seems a gimmick at the moment.

Where USS would allow you get to within 6" of a wall before a solid tone, the vision system wants to to stop at least half a meter from the object,
Or worse, it tells you that you are half a meter away and you're really 6", like it did to me this morning. It just can't be trusted right now. Cameras are clean. Maybe vision needs glasses?

DCF7-E2-C7-450-B-435-C-8-D14-429-E70-B65-BCA.jpg

2-ECC4-C2-C-4371-4616-97-D8-AEBE201-D70-F2.jpg

So I have the new update (works 'OK' ) and I also have advanced autopilot as part of the original order. My question: will Summon work now or not yet and if yes, where do I go in the UI to play with it. If not, are we expecting it as a future update?

Drove some more this afternoon and sometimes it's good sometimes it's
kinda ehh Pulled into a diagnaol parking place and the remaining distance to
wall looked good. Backing into my Narrow driveway with bushes and wall on one side kind of squirely .
I wonder if the Color of objects effects the accuracy. Because of wavelength
differences.

Reactions: glovelace
I was looking forward to this update and signed up for the accelerated software to try to get it sooner. I tried it a few times and I have to say Vision park assist is horrible, nowhere near as accurate as USS and stops working inside of 12”. For those of us that live in the city we have to get within 2-3” to properly park sometimes, very disappointed in this.

I was looking forward to this update and signed up for the accelerated software to try to get it sooner. I tried it a few times and I have to say Vision park assist is horrible, nowhere near as accurate as USS and stops working inside of 12”. For those of us that live in the city we have to get within 2-3” to properly park sometimes, very disappointed in this.
FYI with USS it also stops giving a distance measurement when it gets below 12".

Pleasently surprised on the speed of updates.

Took delivery on March 31, already when i got the car it had an update that it wanted to download as soon as it got Wifi connection, and today i got 11.6.9

Delivered with V11.0 (2022.40.400) and had the option to download 2023.2.12 and 2 days later, today i was able to download and install 11.6.9

Said the update would take 25 minutes, but in reality it took about 40-45 minutes and stayed on 60% completed for "ages"

I suspect we are in the majority. I am also still on the 2023.2.12 release. Anything after this appears to have very limited numbers of installs to date. You just need to be patient I have found. Tesla will get around to updating you when they feel like it.
Have had the update for a few days, now. Off by 20" in most cases in front parking area, side measurements are off substantially, too. Hopefully, they'll get more accurate with time. Had tesla 3 since mid-March in blue and the paint quality is mediocre. With that said, pretty impressed with everything else.

It's been raining here in Washington a lot the last few days and park assist doesn't like it very well. Seems to function about 50% of the time. Works best when you pull forward or backwards straight towards an object. If you are turning into an object it seems to not see it very well or the distance is way off. Since it's the first version I'll cut it some slack but I'm not sure how they will be able to fix the cameras blinded on a rainy day issue.

I think its calibrating the cameras. If you depart before calibration then feature does not work. Not a loading issue.