Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 MY Heating issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
HI, I just picked up this car two weeks ago with less than 600 Miles. Today in GA, we have a pretty cool morning around 40 degree, but I noticed the car is blowing cold or not hot air.

THe only time I can get heat is when set the TEMP to HI. I've open a call with Service center, but just curious if anyone having similar issue.

Thanks

i typically set to 69 F, I waited over 20 min of driving and the air never get hot or warm. As soon as I set the temp TO HI.
On the way back home the outside temp is 69 F, and I set the temp to 85F just to see if it will get warm, but still no. Only when I manually set to HI the air would get warm.
I can feel the air starts to get warm. I am thinking maybe a thermostat problem?

If you set to 69 and the car interior is higher than that, it will blow cool air. You set the temperature at which you want the cabin to be, you don't set the temperature that the air should come out of the vents. With the sun car interiors are always higher than external temps. You've set it to 85F but was the interior temp lower than that (by your feeling)?

If you set to 69 and the car interior is higher than that, it will blow cool air. You set the temperature at which you want the cabin to be, you don't set the temperature that the air should come out of the vents. With the sun car interiors are always higher than external temps. You've set it to 85F but was the interior temp lower than that (by your feeling)?
Good point. I'm assuming when it was 40º this morning the interior wasn't toasty from the sun, but sometimes that can be the case too.

Reactions: GtiMart
Yeah something is really wrong. I lost the keep ac function. According to other previous post it’s likely thermostat and ecu.
1245250F-21D7-469B-9436-D30EC2B923DF.jpeg