Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 MY Performance owners, what car did you replace?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
only ppl with issues will post up and share. Many more with great built will not post and just enjoying their cars.

my 2022 MYP was near perfect. After 30k miles, still look and feel liked. My 2020 LR Y had some minor issues but SC fix most of them.

Took delivery of a '23 MYP Deep Blue Metallic a few weeks ago. I feel like Tesla's website doesn't do the color justice. We were originally going to go with Black but decided last minute to go with DBM and our service center had the exact config we wanted pop up in inventory. We replaced a 2015 Chevrolet Volt with it. People talk about range anxiety with EVs but I didn't want to spend money on gas with the volt anymore, and just keep the gas/engine maintenance to our truck.

Since we were looking at the Induction wheels on the Long Range anyways it didn't make sense to not just go for a little more fun factory and get the performance. Took it to a buddy for the full STEK DYNOShield treatment and got the front windows tinted with NEX 35. While it was there and they had the wheel well trim off anyways they installed the RokBlokz, and Abstract Ocean's satin black emblems showed up just in time for them to install those as well.

Loving it. Not going to complain about not getting rated miles because I know I have a heavy foot. My wife averages 250Wh/mi driving it while I'm more in the 322wh/mi average. Got a set of geminis off offerup and slapped some Vredestein snows on it for winter and in spring (or maybe whenever the michelin's are about toast) will probably replace the uberturbines with some TSportline TSFs.

IMG_6395.JPEG

Looks great and good luck
0-60 3.6 sec careful who drives
Try track mode it’s wild

Our black beauty
[photo]
Thanks, I had a 2001 Trans Am WS6 over a decade ago (part of me wishes I never traded it in), with the mods it had (cam, etc) would run 12.45@113 on performance all seasons. It was overall faster than the Y, (Fastest I got it was 183mph before deciding to slow down), but the Y is quicker. Wanted something more fun than the Volt too that didn't require $5.19/gal for premium 🤣 so the MYP it was. Went this route over the M3P for the extra head room and actual hatch/cargo area.

Only my wife and I will be driving it and she has her profile (by her wishes) set to Chill mode by default.

Thanks, I had a 2001 Trans Am WS6 over a decade ago (part of me wishes I never traded it in), with the mods it had (cam, etc) would run 12.45@113 on performance all seasons. It was overall faster than the Y, (Fastest I got it was 183mph before deciding to slow down), but the Y is quicker. Wanted something more fun than the Volt too that didn't require $5.19/gal for premium 🤣 so the MYP it was. Went this route over the M3P for the extra head room and actual hatch/cargo area.

Only my wife and I will be driving it and she has her profile (by her wishes) set to Chill mode by default.
Amazing prior vehicle, 183Mph wow
You are amazing journey for what did you replace

I originally had sports cars and moved to large trucks for years, MYP is my combo fix
CT next

Replaced a 2018 Long Range Model 3 for a new 2023 Model Y Performance. Wasn't going to do it at first because I don't like lowered cars or the large rubber band low profile tires. But I wanted the 0-60 speed and will be replacing the wheels with 18" Tsportline wheels for more range and comfort.

Replaced a 2018 Long Range Model 3 for a new 2023 Model Y Performance. Wasn't going to do it at first because I don't like lowered cars or the large rubber band low profile tires. But I wanted the 0-60 speed and will be replacing the wheels with 18" Tsportline wheels for more range and comfort.
I'm just going down to the 20" Martian MW03s from the Ubers, I feel 40 series especially going with 275s for a better rim protection will be a nice balance I feel.

The same tires in 19s weighed more typically which negated the weight difference in the wheels from the 20s. Same model tire same width just 45 vs 40 series were almost 3lbs more resulting in 1lb more weight total per wheel/tire than the 2lbs lost going from 20" to 19" of the same model wheel. I'm actually surprised how comfortable the Uberturbines are, more comfortable than our Volt was according to my wife and I's butt-o-meters.

I looked at the 18s too but didn't like that they were all only rated for 750kg (even some of the 19s, 20s, and 21s were as well) which wouldn't meet the rear axle rating of 1590kg of my MYP.

I have no problem with the comfort level of the 21" UberTurbine wheels. It's the low profile aspect with potential blowout and rim damage and curb rash that bothers me. Beefier tires just have more protection and the 18" wheels are wide enough with exceptional rim protection and because the set I'm getting are way lighter, my Performance Model Y should get the same 330 or more of miles of range that the Long Range Model Y gets. And I think they will look better with all that sidewall. There are plenty of people that got this same set for their Performance and tow with it, without any issues. I really don't plan on towing, maybe a couple of bikes here and there but that's it.

I have no problem with the comfort level of the 21" UberTurbine wheels. It's the low profile aspect with potential blowout and rim damage and curb rash that bothers me. Beefier tires just have more protection and the 18" wheels are wide enough with exceptional rim protection and because the set I'm getting are way lighter, my Performance Model Y should get the same 330 or more of miles of range that the Long Range Model Y gets. And I think they will look better with all that sidewall.
Please report back if after the change you get 330

Reactions: Resist