Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 MYP Brake Upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

As my fascination with the MYP grows each day i drive it, I also am disappointed with its braking performance.
What is the consensus amongst MYP owners on brake kit suppliers, options etc.

Any strong recommendations?
Chicago Area

Check out Los Angeles based Unplugged Prrformance.

I have an early 2022 (built 12/2021). I’ve not had issues stopping even when in emergency situations. I think when I first got the car brakes seemed lackluster but after a while got better. Perhaps they needed to be broken in 🤷‍♂️

Question: since these cars rely on regen for most braking applications, is it possible that the layer of oxidation that builds up on the rotors is contributing to the lackluster braking? Or...does the stopping power deteriorate after several strong applications?

If it's just a matter of feel get the sport/track brake pads from unplugged performance and swap out the fluid for some Motul 660 or the like.

Although I would say get 20" forged or flow formed wheels first... Dropping that rotational mass will have you stopping 10ft sooner already.

Bigger brakes will actually make you stop FURTHER unless you are overheating them (this will never happen on the street...) So don't go that route unless you want the bling (and annoying rattles and noises that come from aftermarket calipers).