Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 MYP Tyres for Rim Protection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello All,
I want to protect the rims on my MPY and an thinking of moving the rear Pirelli P Zero 275/35/21 to the front and putting P Zero 295/35/21 on the back for better rim protection. My question is what Pirelli P Zero to use? There are numerous options for different OEM versions, Audi, Porsche, Mercedes etc and 1 non OEM. I know there are a lot of threads in the USA section regarding what I'm considering but wanted to know if any UK based owners have done this and what version of the tyre you have gone for?
Thanks.

I've just taken delivery of my MYP and the rims are scarily exposed. The car is on lease so I'm not about to change the tires. The Pirelli P-Zero just about offers a bit of protection to the Uberturbines but certainly not enough to give me any comfort. Aligned with the awful parking sensors/cameras/wiggly lines and it is a concern. So the obvious option for me is one of the many rim protectors on the market. I decided AlloyGator was the way ahead but unfortunately they are not suitable for this particular wheel/tire combination. I've since found some aluminium protectors which may do a similar job but not entirely convinced they will work on this wheel so I wondered if anyone has tried this product and if so, was it on the Uberturbine?:

Just put 19" Pirelli Powergy on my M3 - they have rim protection on them which looks reasonable. Tyres seem to do the job and maybe a bit quieter than the Hankooks they replaced. Kwik Fit have decent pricing and Pirelli seem to have a £50 per pair cashback deal if you are a member of certain clubs/groups (some of which are free to join online)