Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 MYP Ubertine Rear Wheel as a spare for Front

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2023 MYP with staggered Ubertines, that the Rear got curbed bad. So got another Rear rim to replace.

Question is I was going to throw a tire on that Rear rim to use as a spare, same size as current Rear. Could that Rear rim/tire combination also be used as a spare for the Front? 10.5 versus 9.5 rim. Would only be for temporary short driving distances.

I was surprised at how HEAVY the wheels are (even without a tire on them), so definitely not something that would be carried around in the car. The wheel/tire would be stored in my garage and only used for emergency spare purposes. Was wondering if the rear wheel/tire combo could be used as a spare for both front and back.

Yup, it will fit just fine. Some people have swapped wheels so they can either have four fronts or four rears. Ditching the staggered setup so they can rotate them to prolong tire life.

There are no clearance issues. I wouldn't think twice about keeping it as a spare.

Reactions: JimBob 909
Yup, it will fit just fine. Some people have swapped wheels so they can either have four fronts or four rears. Ditching the staggered setup so they can rotate them to prolong tire life.

There are no clearance issues. I wouldn't think twice about keeping it as a spare.
Thanks for the input. I am thinking of getting a spare (front tire size) for an extensive road we will take next year. I hoped a spare front would work on the back to allow being able to get somewhere without waiting hours for the auto club. OPPS, how did I get on Model Y? Will this work on a 2022 Model XLR?