Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 upgrade to a bigger rear screen?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delayed for the 37th time….now stating April 25th? I’m ready to give up on Tesla and go to the black market for parts. They won’t let me even order the new red calipers and the rear screen seems like vaporware. Maaz….tell your friend who got you the components that fell off the truck I’ll double is fees hahahaha!

Delayed for the 37th time….now stating April 25th? I’m ready to give up on Tesla and go to the black market for parts. They won’t let me even order the new red calipers and the rear screen seems like vaporware. Maaz….tell your friend who got you the components that fell off the truck I’ll double is fees hahahaha!
Wait,,, what? 37th time for delaying? That’s crazy. I just got delayed for 2nd time. When did you order yours?

has anyone sucessfully got this installed by tesla yet? I'm about tt put a work order in for one. I have a 2022 model x plaid with the older smaller rear screen.
I have the replacement scheduled for this Wednesday, 4/19/23 – we'll see if a) they get the part and b) they install it – it's a mobile service appointment. They did initially mess up and put the part # for the old (thick bezel) screen, I corrected them and they sent the updated estimate ($738 all-in) with the correct part #. We shall see...

Reactions: Evee
I have the replacement scheduled for this Wednesday, 4/19/23 – we'll see if a) they get the part and b) they install it – it's a mobile service appointment. They did initially mess up and put the part # for the old (thick bezel) screen, I corrected them and they sent the updated estimate ($738 all-in) with the correct part #. We shall see...
thanks for the info and keep us updated. I just place my service order in today to upgrade to the larger rear screen, so we will see what happens

Reactions: honeyfist301
Hello Yury, Do you have any updates? My appointment date was tomorrow and pushed back to May 4th. it's 4th time delay on my appointment. SC said still there is no stock in the US.

Tech just came over and started installing the screen. I came out to check and make sure that it's the correct screen, but tech was on the phone getting instructions on how to disassemble the old screen. Stopped by 30 minutes later to check on it -- he is installing the same screen with the thick bezel. Told him this is the wrong part number, he looked up on the phone and confirmed, indeed, this is the wrong part #. The thin bezel rear screen struggle is real.

Tech just came over and started installing the screen. I came out to check and make sure that it's the correct screen, but tech was on the phone getting instructions on how to disassemble the old screen. Stopped by 30 minutes later to check on it -- he is installing the same screen with the thick bezel. Told him this is the wrong part number, he looked up on the phone and confirmed, indeed, this is the wrong part #. The thin bezel rear screen struggle is real.
Yikes.

Oh my, Good thing that you checked that before the guy has been finished installing and leave.

Soooo Tesla showed up today and thanks to you guys….I asked the mobile person if I could see the part and sure enough it was the old one. She got on the phone with parts and made a few calls and said it was some sort of special order and could take anywhere from a few weeks to 6 months???? Sounded ridiculous but I was like ok do whatever it takes please as I rolled my eyes. The part number on the invoice was clear as day and they show up with a different part number…..why is this so difficult?

Reactions: z_yury
I did a service request to upgrade this rear screen of my 2022 model x plaid. They first advised against it. Then I gave them the part number of the bigger rear screen and I insisted that is what I wanted. They said the will order it for me but no refunds. They said it will take 3 months to get the rear screen. Cost of the larger rear screen with the thinner bezel is $600.

Last edited: