Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 upgrade to a bigger rear screen?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My service center said you can’t just buy the rear screen on its own but need to buy the whole console. Anyone else hear that?
That would be in correct. Here is my estimate.

Attachments

• IMG_4898.png
    IMG_4898.png
    484.6 KB · Views: 223
Im in LA also, would be very interested to hear if they are able to get the correct part and have it installed. Really appreciate your updates, ty!
Installation is the easy part. But the part itself is not available -- my appointment just got re-scheduled to June 3rd (I am in the SF Bay Area). Like someone said above in this thread, looks like there is shortage of the thin bezel screens. We now wait.

Im in LA also, would be very interested to hear if they are able to get the correct part and have it installed. Really appreciate your updates, ty!
I'll keep everyone updated but as of now i don't believe any one has successfully had Tesla order and install the newer 2023 rear screen with thinner bezel to replace the 2022 screen with the thicker bezel. Myself and quite a handful of other people have this thinner bezel rear screen on order. tesla shows no real ETA on this screen and i'm told it can take anywhere from 1-3 months.

I have a 2022 model x plaid with out the tilting front screen function and with the smaller rear screen with the thicker bezel.

Well I give up. My 2022 model x plaid was in for some gearbox fluid error and for the upgrade to the thinner bezel of the new rear screen. The way Tesla runs their service is very annoying. They stated the part number 1673461-00-E is now obsolete and they have a new part number for the new thinner bezel rear screen. They have the thinner bezel screen in stock But this is not an approved retrofit by tesla so they won’t do it and they won’t sell it to me. Even when I said I’ll install it by self they still refuse to sell me that part. Very frustrating how Tesla runs their service centers.

Attachments

• IMG_4941.png
    IMG_4941.png
    560 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_4940.png
    IMG_4940.png
    564.4 KB · Views: 104
Well I give up. My 2022 model x plaid was in for some gearbox fluid error and for the upgrade to the thinner bezel of the new rear screen. The way Tesla runs their service is very annoying. They stated the part number 1673461-00-E is now obsolete and they have a new part number for the new thinner bezel rear screen. They have the thinner bezel screen in stock But this is not an approved retrofit by tesla so they won’t do it and they won’t sell it to me. Even when I said I’ll install it by self they still refuse to sell me that part. Very frustrating how Tesla runs their service centers.
Try another SC. That’s what I did. Tried first one which they cannot sell it even if it’s over the counter so cancelled and make an appointment to the another SC near by with exactly same service request and they accepted but still waiting.

Just got confirmed that the rear display is ready!! They said that the whole center console with display has arrived but I can get only the display it self. Last step to verify that the display is not the old one.
Thanks for the update HoneyFist! Very helpful even as our delivery data is past us 😉. Looking forward to seeing if you can get this installed. I’m still holding off on putting in a request for this until someone is able to do it here. Keep us updated!

Let us know how it works out. Tesla has refused to sell me the screen.
Thanks for the update HoneyFist! Very helpful even as our delivery data is past us 😉. Looking forward to seeing if you can get this installed. I’m still holding off on putting in a request for this until someone is able to do it here. Keep us updated!
Sorry for the late update. I was on vacation to Cancun!
The person was saying that the display comes along with the center console and it’s not an option so need to buy whole things together which is bs. I’m not paying $2000 for replacing whole center console. Ask them I really really want only the display so if you guys can disassemble from that whole console, that would be really really appreciated but they keep saying it’s just one big part.
I told them it’s not one single part please check your company catalog and get back to me and also sent them a screen shot of those two different part numbers. Also told them ‘It seems like I know better than you guys!’. Next day (I guess), they get back to me they have to order again for the just display part!!! Holy shoot, back to beginning. I forgot to tell them that that was what I originally ordered at the beginning mother fxxxers!!!!
Delayed appointment to June 2nd. Let’s see.

Let us know how it works out. Tesla has refused to sell me the screen.
any updates would be greatly appreciated
IMG_2582.jpeg
IMG_2583.png
IMG_2584.png
IMG_2585.png
IMG_2586.png

For the record, just in case. I felt like talking to the wall. They don’t get it.🤣🤣

Reactions: PreguntsAnswrs