TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

#209 Has Found a New Home!!

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by backmost, Jun 1, 2018.

1. backmost

backmost Member

No amount of gratitude can express to be in a position in life to enjoy luxuries like this car! I am very grateful to msjulie for really helping me on this and allowing me to give her Roadster yet another chapter on its hopefully long journey!

So I don't have a 240V outlet set up in my garage yet and only have your typical 110V 12A outlets. I don't have the UMC but do have both CAN adapters and a Model S charging cable. The VDS tells me it has 179 miles (3.0 battery) and the battery gauge seems about 75% from the indicator.

Unfortunately I have family over tomorrow and won't get a chance to do anything until Sunday at the earliest. It's being stored in the garage and is expected to be cool over the weekend here in the Hudson Valley NY region.

I thank everyone on the forums who have helped me learn so much over the last year and look forward to continuing to be a part of this wonderful community.

Backmost

Attached Files:

• Like x 6
  2. backmost

backmost Member

Another pic

Attached Files:

3. Roadster

Roadster Member

Congrats @backmost! Take care of @Msjulie's baby for her now!

You shouldn't need the UMC unless you're going on extra long road trips and are planning on charging up at campgrounds. Better to spend the $$$ on an HPC that can be mounted in your garage. I believe @ThisoldRoadstr has both of these for sale here.

4. Msjulie

Msjulie Active Member

So glad the journey for 209 was a safe one, I had guessed it would get there with 180miles (based on 10+days travel in hot weather) so pretty close to spot on!

Enjoy

• Like x 1
  5. ViviV

ViviV Member

@backmost Congratulations. I am happy you were able to make your dream a reality. I hope you can make it to a future NJ/NY/PA Roadster meet up.

6. pwwojcik

pwwojcik Member

Wow -- that is beautiful. Congrats!!!

7. ibcs

ibcs Member

Welcome to an incredible club. You won’t realize how great it is until you enjoy your new ride. The enjoyment is unbelievable.

• Like x 1
  8. DeedWest

DeedWest 2010 Roadster 2.0 - VIN 523

Yes! This makes me too happy. Congratulations on 209. She deserved a great home and it looks like she got one!

9. backmost

backmost Member

Thanks everyone! I posted it to the Tesla subreddit and somehow made it to front page!

Count me in!

10. Msjulie

Msjulie Active Member

I'm happy 209 has a new nice home, should I be insulted you think that wasn't true before? :)

• Like x 1
  11. bart513

bart513 Active Member

@Msjulie you gave her a great home. Now it's time to past on to another loving and caring home:)

• Like x 1