Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

21” Aracnids vs 19” Slipstreams

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"I have a poor man's Tesla (75D) and to me, the 21in may be an overkill. They would so much fit the performance Tesla (the P cars that push the tire's limits every day). Just my view! I know many push the limits of the 60/75s every day and deck it up really well! "

Ha! I'm not sure any Tesla can be qualified in the" poor man' s" category. ;)

75D uncorked to a 4.2 60 is likely Supercar-enough for a set of 21s!
Maybe a 1990s supercar...

F7316BF7-7E07-47E6-822F-D7D6B4259549.jpeg
There is a 11.8% loss in range on a 75d going to 21”.

• Informative
Reactions: MC408
More than the range loss, I'd say the ride is the biggest factor. Some people are picky on ride quality and find it difficult to cope, I had a loaner with 21s and I could notice the ride difference very easily. I'd say try out a test drive car with 21s if you haven't already and compare the ride quality first.

Reactions: BrokerDon
More than the range loss, I'd say the ride is the biggest factor. Some people are picky on ride quality and find it difficult to cope, I had a loaner with 21s and I could notice the ride difference very easily. I'd say try out a test drive car with 21s if you haven't already and compare the ride quality first.

So I'm not making a direct comparison based on the thread title, but I just had a loaner P85D with 21" Turbines vs. my own P85D with the stock 19s. The ride difference was quite noticeable, especially after going back to the 19s. I'm not sure if the loaner was just beat up and thus felt worse or what, but it's to the point I'm slightly hesitant on going to 21s, at least the Turbines. Though I'm not sure if the Arachnids would be any different in terms of ride quality.

So I'm not making a direct comparison based on the thread title, but I just had a loaner P85D with 21" Turbines vs. my own P85D with the stock 19s. The ride difference was quite noticeable, especially after going back to the 19s. I'm not sure if the loaner was just beat up and thus felt worse or what, but it's to the point I'm slightly hesitant on going to 21s, at least the Turbines. Though I'm not sure if the Arachnids would be any different in terms of ride quality.

Loaners seem to ride worse, rattle, smell etc.

I went from 21 Turbines which I love to 21 Arachnids which I like for being just different enough than everyone else. I picked up some road noise with the Arachnids but i think it's the tires. 21 Turbines had ContiSilents which were fabulous even at 27k miles, and the Arachnids came with Michelins and were noisier at mile 1. Good tire but not as quiet. On the plus side, i picked up 15-20 miles of range at 90% with the Arachnids. This is significant to me as I can now do a daily run LA to San Diego and back w/o stopping (or sweating it out).

When time for new tires though, I'm going Conti......