Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

21” trade possibility

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would the rear 10x5’s fit the front of a MYP?

reason i ask is to see if someone would be willing to trade tire pairs to have non staggered setup for longer tread life due to rotating.

this obviously will only work if one car can run 10.5’s all around.

Would the rear 10x5’s fit the front of a MYP?

reason i ask is to see if someone would be willing to trade tire pairs to have non staggered setup for longer tread life due to rotating.

this obviously will only work if one car can run 10.5’s all around.

I saw a post on the "Tesla Y" FB group just the other day of someone doing that and it worked, but just barely. Others commented that any more weight in the vehicle and it would start rubbing.

I saw a post on the "Tesla Y" FB group just the other day of someone doing that and it worked, but just barely. Others commented that any more weight in the vehicle and it would start rubbing.
Dang do not have facebook to check that thread. If you still have it in memory what do you mean by anymore weight. Like if i put groceries into the frunk the fronts will rub when turning? Thats sounds like it wont work. I guess i am going to have to go the route of trying to buy two 21” 9.5’s to replace the 10x5’s and see if someone who curb rashed theirs wants to buy it or so.

Dang do not have facebook to check that thread. If you still have it in memory what do you mean by anymore weight. Like if i put groceries into the frunk the fronts will rub when turning? Thats sounds like it wont work. I guess i am going to have to go the route of trying to buy two 21” 9.5’s to replace the 10x5’s and see if someone who curb rashed theirs wants to buy it or so.

I think it was more of a joke, but there wasn't much room for that width so if it was loaded down and the tires expanded it would most definitely rub. He included a video with it too (but that too was FB rather than linking to youtube).

Screen Shot 2020-11-16 at 11.52.30 AM.png