Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

21" Uberturbines wheels with spacers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got 25mm‘s on the rear wheels. Makes a big difference in my book.
7EA8CAED-1AAF-4F2B-AA28-927C516D7E50.jpeg

Reactions: jacksterCali
I am also in the market for spacers. I've been doing some searches and cannot decide if I want to go with 18mm or 20mm spacers. If anyone can provide pictures or any feedback, would be much appreciated.

I have a LR, but you can see my pics with Uberturbine wheels and factory tires with 20mm spacers in this thread.

If you’re willing to run 18mm, going to 20mm won’t be a noticeable enough difference to be concerned about (2mm is a little over 1/16”). If you’re patient, you can easily get a full set for half the cost of new by getting them used here on the forums.

There are also vendors active on the forums who sell them, as well as on Amazon.

Last edited:
Depending on tolerances could work, or could be a problem. I measured my 2023 uberturbine pockets on the back of the rim at just under 12mm, and the amount of wheel stud at just under 27mm. You might want to consider 17mm if you have the shallow 12mm pocket to be safe.

I think larger tires improve the look more than spacers on stock tires.
Depends on where you're looking.

A 1/2" spacer has the same effect on the tires' outer wall in relation to the body panels, when compared to a 1" wider tire (they both push out 1/2").

A will affect its look on the wheel, while using a spacer won't.

Some folks don't want the tire to look any wider in relation to the wheel.

Personally, I'd rather not use spacers... though I bought 3mm spacers to use on my older car so the new brakes would clear the wheel spokes. But it turns out, I also needed to clear the inner wheel weights. At that point, the spacer would be way too thick for my liking.

Ultimately, looks are an opinion/subjective.

We recommend 10/10mm for factory suspensions Model Y Performance.

Super easy to install with these H&R TRAK+ Spacers with extended shank lug nuts.

Regards,
Danny - [email protected]

@Simans82 did the homework with the links, there's some good examples in there. What you can run will depend largely when your MY was produced as the wheel castings changed slightly in later years.

Note that spacers won't be as noticeable on stock suspension as they are on lowered setups. A set of lower springs look really good on the Model YP to close the gap a bit. We keep all brands of lowering springs and all sizes of spacers in stock if you want to drop by and pick up or get some installed.

Reactions: Simans82