Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

21" Wheels now on Performance Package

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
looks good

P99Drcn.png

My Model Y Performance order got automatically updated to have 21’’ Überturbine Wheels at no extra cost. If I'd prefer the Gemini wheels for the extra range would it make sense to just keep the 21s and sell them online to offset the cost of just buying the Gemini wheels from Tesla and swap?

Screenshot 2020-01-29 17.20.23.png

My Model Y Performance order got automatically updated to have 21’’ Überturbine Wheels at no extra cost. If I'd prefer the Gemini wheels for the extra range would it make sense to just keep the 21s and sell them online to offset the cost of just buying the Gemini wheels from Tesla and swap?

View attachment 505801
Think again. My co worked tried to order the Gemini wheels and came to a whopping 2800$ for just the wheels not even including sensors.
9615E164-9633-4072-B17F-D547BFAA1D88.png

I don't want the 21" wheels because I don't think they have enough tire wall. The 20s would be ideal, but that isn't an option on the Performance model (with or without the performance package). So I guess I'm stuck with the ugly 19s.
My pre-order has switch to 21" but understand that configuring the performance at this time the only option is the 19". The AWD LR gives the option for 20". One would think the performance configuration is messed up at this point and we should see changes.

Reactions: WattTheHeck