TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

21" Wheels wanted in exchange for my 19's + Cash, UK

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by jamesfunge, Aug 10, 2018.

1. jamesfunge

jamesfunge Member

Hi Guys,

I am very pleased to say I just managed to bag a great p85d as my first Telsa last week :) I would really like to upgrade the wheels so thought that here would be a good place to post as someone may want a smoother ride??

Does anyone have a set they would like to exchange (preferable) or sell outright?

Thanks all, James.

2. arg

arg Supporting Member

Don't have a set to sell, but I'm in the market for some used 19's if you are selling them.

3. jamesfunge

jamesfunge Member

still hunting guys :)

4. stigmeister

stigmeister Member

I've got some Tesla Silver Cyclone 19" wheels I might consider selling.

They have the usual stock tyres on, have done about 10k miles on them but seem hardly worn. Alloys unmarked as new as far as I can remember. They are wrapped, but I can check them if you are interested and the price seems reasonable to all.

I swapped out for Reward 21" Arachnids a while back and kept them in case I didn't like the ride and wanted to swap them back.

Pic of the Cyclones below from myTesla.

[​IMG]

5. jamesfunge

jamesfunge Member

Hi Stigmeister, do you mean 19" or 21" as I am looking for 21"s as per the title? Thanks

6. stigmeister

stigmeister Member

These are 19" as Arg stated he was on the look out for some 19"s.

Sorry for the confusion.

7. arg

arg Supporting Member

I’m still trying to find out the list price of some new ones so I can compare - “tessla parts” on the phone is not answering and puts you through to a voicemail where the maailbox is full.,.

8. jamesfunge

jamesfunge Member

Still hunting :)

9. arg

arg Supporting Member

Finally given up on Tesla West Drayton (who I thought were the main parts centre), and tried Gatwick who were more helpful.

Standard 19" wheels (bare) are £280 inc VAT.

However, there's an additional snag I had forgotten about: there's also TPMS sensors to be added to this (approx. £50 per wheel if bought from Tesla), but they come in two variants and my car needs the older sort, probably rare in the UK as the change came in 2015, sometime around VIN50900.

Those of you offering wheels: which TPMS do you have (easiest way to tell is that the new ones give you individual tyre pressures indicated on the display, older ones don't and just give an alarm when you have a flat)?

10. MarkJ

MarkJ Member

Not sure if a deal can be done or not but... My new car is coming with 21" Sonic Carbon Twin Carbine wheels but I wanted the 19" Sonic Carbon Slipstream wheels and Tesla are unable to swap them. They are £4300 more expensive than new 19" silver wheels with new tyres. Car due 17th Sep in South Yorkshire. I'm getting the 19" wheels with winter tyres too.