TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

21st Century Car Insurance - 40 % Premium increase in California

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by EV Revolution, May 16, 2017.

Tags:
  1. EV Revolution

EV Revolution Member

I just received my next 6 months car insurance from 21st Century and I noticed a 40% increase from last year.

I have an older car so I have only Liability and no Collision.

Body injury $300k
    Uninsured Body Injury $300k
    Property damage $200k
    Medical $10k

Last year (and for the last 10 years) I was charged $250 / 6 months
    For next year, the quote that I just received is now $350 / 6 months

There was no change on my part (no accident, no traffic violation)

I have several discounts such as Good Driver discount, Superior Driver, Mature driver...

- The only explanation that I received from when contacting 21st Century
    was about medical cost and car repair increase in California.

I contacted various other car insurances and I was able to get a quote similar or better than my last year quote.

I wonder if anyone noticed similar changes in their car insurance policy?