Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

22' tire recommendation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there,
I was just informed my Vossen NV2 are ready for pickup and I am looking for recommendations on tires. I see Goodyears, Pirellis, Yoko on Tirerack. Any recommendations for a southern florida resident? Also are those foam inserts effective?
Thanks in advance!
Martin

Reactions: ckwong
Thanks! What did you endup getting? I am leaning towards the Contis.
I went with the Pzero with noise cancelling system. I just got new rims and the installer installed a set of Pzero without the noise cancelling system by accident and I notice pretty high road noise maybe because I'm used to the original 20" contis with the form insert? I should be getting the new tires this weekend and hope I can tell the difference. :)

I went with the Pzero with noise cancelling system. I just got new rims and the installer installed a set of Pzero without the noise cancelling system by accident and I notice pretty high road noise maybe because I'm used to the original 20" contis with the form insert? I should be getting the new tires this weekend and hope I can tell the difference. :)
Great, I don't have to buy the tires right away since I am still waiting for the delivery of my MX. I will be interested in your feedback once you get them installed. Thanks in advance

Great, I don't have to buy the tires right away since I am still waiting for the delivery of my MX. I will be interested in your feedback once you get them installed. Thanks in advance
Got my tires swapped out today and wow what a difference it makes. The added foam does really work and no more road noise but still hear other noise from inside the car. :(

Driving up the 5 from So Cal to Nor Cal in my MX P100DL with 22" PZeros. Hit a bad pothole at about 75MPH. 10 miles later stopped at Kettleman City Supercharger. Discovered a bubble on my sidewall right front tire. Called Roadside service and they said the only thing they could do is tow me 50 miles. I would have to call around and find a tire. I thought... good luck with finding a 22" P Zero in stock in what is essentially central valley farm country. Two calls later, I found a tire in stock only 35 miles away! Had to forego the foam noise insulation, but was happy to just find a tire and get back on the road. Unfortunately the installer was unable to
balance the new tire,
after mounting the it, because the wheel was also damaged. Not badly damaged, just a dent that caused a small wobble. I continued to Nor Cal and returned to So Cal and did not notice any unusual vibrations or noise.
Back home I called Tesla to check out replacing the damaged wheel. $1,500.00!!! I asked about repairing the wheel and they referred me to a place in Burbank, CA. No call back for two days, then I was told they don't do repairs like that any more. Went to my local tire store who double checked the wheel/tire and balance. They told me it is repairable and sent me to a local place, Classic Wheel Repair. There, Stuart, one of the owners, repaired it back to spinning true and was able to give it a great balance job. $80.00!!!

Watch out for pot holes with those 22's.

Driving up the 5 from So Cal to Nor Cal in my MX P100DL with 22" PZeros. Hit a bad pothole at about 75MPH. 10 miles later stopped at Kettleman City Supercharger. Discovered a bubble on my sidewall right front tire. Called Roadside service and they said the only thing they could do is tow me 50 miles. I would have to call around and find a tire. I thought... good luck with finding a 22" P Zero in stock in what is essentially central valley farm country. Two calls later, I found a tire in stock only 35 miles away! Had to forego the foam noise insulation, but was happy to just find a tire and get back on the road. Unfortunately the installer was unable to
balance the new tire,
after mounting the it, because the wheel was also damaged. Not badly damaged, just a dent that caused a small wobble. I continued to Nor Cal and returned to So Cal and did not notice any unusual vibrations or noise.
Back home I called Tesla to check out replacing the damaged wheel. $1,500.00!!! I asked about repairing the wheel and they referred me to a place in Burbank, CA. No call back for two days, then I was told they don't do repairs like that any more. Went to my local tire store who double checked the wheel/tire and balance. They told me it is repairable and sent me to a local place, Classic Wheel Repair. There, Stuart, one of the owners, repaired it back to spinning true and was able to give it a great balance job. $80.00!!!

Watch out for pot holes with those 22's.
Interesting... thanks for sharing

Anyone who's had both the Goodyear Eagles and the Pirelli Scorpions can comment on difference in efficiency? I have the Goodyear summers now and struggle to keep it under 400Wh/mile. Are the Scorpions significantly more efficient? Any other tire?