Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

22" tire swap to 20"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have 4 brand new (350 miles) 20" oem wheels and tires to sell. I just got my X and am putting 21" wheels on tomorrow. I couldn't decide between the comfort and range of the 20" or the good looks of the 22". So I compromised and went in the middle and found some great flow forged black wheels. I'll post pics soon. In the mean time, if anybody wants to make an offer on my 20" wheels and tires, let me know.

The wheels I used are MRR FS01. They are around $625 each and weigh only 26lbs, so they are 15lbs lighter than the tesla 22". I used pirelli scorpion verde 275 and 265/40 to keep the overall diameter (almost) the same. They are working great. A tiny bit more road noise and a tiny bit more road feel. But the appearance improvement is mind boggling. There is a bmw shop near me that is a dealer for MRR and he gave me a great deal on 4 of them.

tony c

I was going back and forth on the 20" vs the 22" too. I decided to get the 20's and picked it up last Thursday and dropped the 20's off this morning to get black powder coated. My thinking was save almost $5k, smoother ride and more range. What made me take the wheels in for powder coating as soon as I could get them in was the X right next to me on delivery day had the black 22's and I was like dammmm those look great!