Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

23 LR vs 23 Performance Eibach springs?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG-20230404-184524.jpg

The view that lowering these cars somehow is a ricer move made by people who only value optics is just silly. I have my car at the high end of KWs recommendations and it's a LOT lower than stock and has never handled better.

The issue is OEM shock body length which means free travel becomes (very) short on lowering springs alone, which is why even great quality items such as HR or Eibach will ride pretty poorly after they settle. The handling is however significantly improved, particularly the effects of the soft rear springs on high speed balance.

I went with Eibachs and enjoyed the improved balance, but after springs settled ride became unacceptable even with completely removed bump stops.

I then went to KW v3s which despite a very firm ride gives an absolutely massive improvement to stability, body control and high speed handling. Now gives the kind of confidence I expected from Tesla level engineering. It's stupidly fast :)

I do however miss a better ride and have high hopes for a Koni Sports + Eibach setup because I've had great expereinces with that combo before.

I was searching for similar (Eibach vs UP mild). I did figure I’d have to also use Koni Yellow but pulling them out several times to adjust is not for me.

I’ve used HKS on my 350Z and Ohlins on my bikes. Love them!

I’ve also used H&R with Tokico on Altima and it sucked the walrus.

• Funny
Reactions: Kvitravn
You can also get Swift springs which states the rates are made to match the limits of the OEM dampers. They do not have separate part numbers and it’s a perfect street able 1” drop.

If your car has 60k+ miles you may consider Koni hellos and pre-adjust to the settings posted in another thread as the adjusters are difficult to get to.

Swift’s are linear, so it would be bouncy like BMW sport mode.