Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P Brakes on LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Mod3PD

Mar 30, 2022
NE
I've just done this upgrade after a lot of research.

These fitted extremely easily, plug & play straight onto my 2022 LR under the OEM Aeros.

I bought a full (used) set of M3P brakes off Ebay with the added bonus of them coming with the M3P jumpers to plug straight in.

There was a lot of talk about shaving the rear calibers but perhaps due to my 17mm F / 20mm R spacers, this was not necessary.

Caliper clearance to the barrel is super tight but no issues thus far on road or track.

I decided to run with MPP for their 2-piece discs (this also solves the hub step issue), their quality is outstanding as was their service, the same can be said for TEVO on their supply of the RHD specific master cylinder brace.

I also threw on the MPP ARB's whilst the car was on the ramp along with my H&R springs.

The car feels truly unbelievable now & has the handling & brakes to match the performance.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-14 at 15.15.03.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-14 at 15.15.03.png
    933.7 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_8196.jpeg
    IMG_8196.jpeg
    637.4 KB · Views: 78
  • 3DD4FB95-EF50-4167-A11F-255506698FC6.jpg
    3DD4FB95-EF50-4167-A11F-255506698FC6.jpg
    433.8 KB · Views: 80
I thought this had to have been before. Might as well go 2 price light weight rotors. From what I understand the calipers are only larger for the larger rotors. Both are Brembo and unless it’s not listed both have the same pistons?

Can you explain the plug you mentioned? …any pictures of it?

It looks like you also did the rears since LR rears are not Brembo. I found no info other than brand. Are they more pistons? Did you need to swap the wire on those also?

I thought this had to have been before. Might as well go 2 price light weight rotors. From what I understand the calipers are only larger for the larger rotors. Both are Brembo and unless it’s not listed both have the same pistons?

Can you explain the plug you mentioned? …any pictures of it?

It looks like you also did the rears since LR rears are not Brembo. I found no info other than brand. Are they more pistons? Did you need to swap the wire on those also?
i’m about to do this swap on my LR. i believe the jumper cables are required so that you don’t get an error code. i may have an extra set for sale as the caliper set i purchased from another forum member included this (in case anyone needs a set).