Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

24 M3P owners coming from previous M3P....questions.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

phantasms

Mr Self Destruct
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2019
White Mountains, NH
Hi,

I have a 2021 M3P with MPP Sport Coilovers which I absolutely love. I love the car, truly. It's got ~65k miles and a friend of mine needs a car and I'd sell her this one on the cheap. Those that went from an "old" M3P to a new one, how much better is it? Is it stuff fun? Is it more refined...I hope not. I had a Plaid Model S for a week again and decided yeah that car is not for me. I like how nimble and tossable the M3P is. Does it still feel like you're going fast when you're going fast? The Model S felt like 20 at 90. I want to upgrade but just want to make sure I'm not going to be having less fun by getting the shiny new thing. We've got a big Cybertruck in the garage I want to make sure that this new car still feels like a smile making go-kart. Also, I've gotten used to the buttons on the wheel and that kind of thing. It's weird to go back to the stalks. Never thought I'd say that. lol Thank you!

IMG_6225.JPG

I don’t have an answer for you either, but I’m considering the same thing. With the adjustable shocks on the new M3, I’m eager to see how MPP responds and if they can integrate adjustability into their COs.

I seriously doubt the stock 24P will respond as well as yours with MPP sport COs. @MountainPass lurks around this forum and is very helpful so hopefully they can comment. Right now they still say not compatible with the performance model.

Reactions: phantasms
I've had a '21 and now a '23 MP3 and I just got the '24. NOTE: my '23 is OEM, not with coilovers. The '24 is smoother, so I don't want to say that it's identical because it isn't. But the drive feel is better than before. It turns sharper, leans less and has sharper turn in. The steering wheel is slightly smaller. The seats are GREAT. The added fun is that it gets a little squirrely coming around corners under power whereas the '23 is more "stable" with traction

• Love
I am no help here but love your Telsa collection!
Shocked how in your photo the 3 and the CT look to be similar in size (wide angle distortion I assume) but I have always written off the CT as not able to fit inside my garage.

Back to your question: I definitely think you will find the 24 M3P as fun or more fun to drive than the old M3P.

• Love